08-16-2005, 05:22 AM
.............is shite..................:mad:

groovypanda
08-16-2005, 06:56 AM
oh no it isn't... ;)

Rog
08-16-2005, 07:05 AM
oh no it isn't... ;)

Hmmmmm.........well, not only is it totally divorced from the book, the characters act in a bizarre way throughout the film. It could have been better if the characters had acted like real people.......but maybe some americans are like that:confused: . Why did they have to have 'a divorcee' and 'his son who hates him'? and both act in a surreal manner? this had nothing to do with the original story and detracted from the film to such an extent that i lost interest and was just waiting for the predictable hollywood finish. That's why i thought it was shite.

big screen satellite
08-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Hmmmmm.........well, not only is it totally divorced from the book, the characters act in a bizarre way throughout the film. It could have been better if the characters had acted like real people.......but maybe some americans are like that:confused: . Why did they have to have 'a divorcee' and 'his son who hates him'? and both act in a surreal manner? this had nothing to do with the original story and detracted from the film to such an extent that i lost interest and was just waiting for the predictable hollywood finish. That's why i thought it was shite.

i so wanted the son to die...and it was such a let down / predictable ending that spoiled it all (ahh he survived)...

people seem annoyed that the movie ended quickly - thats how the original movie and the book ends...that wasn't a problem, it plays out like teh original in that respect...it was just the whole family unit Rog mentions above that bugged me as well...so much so that it spoilt the movie...

although all in all i did enjoy it, and the effects were great...not the best movie of the year but not the worst...although i wouldn't like to say what was

the mongoose
08-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Not shit at all!

It was kick ass. People were real acting, not hollywood cliches. The dysfuctional family realizes that their own problems are nothing compared to the suffering and death that would await them in the hands of their enemies. The action started right away and kept the tension throughout. The aliens were menacing and killed 90% of the people they came in contact with.
I'd shit my pants right away!

Go back and watch Independence Day or Evolution and then tell me this was "shite". Maybe not your cup of tea, but certainly not inferior to most hollywood offerings......:mad:

Oh well, to each his own.:confused:

anna
08-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Not the best but definitely not the worst.