PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's doing the next Back To Mine?

the mongoose
08-14-2005, 06:59 AM
click (http://www.backtomine.com/popup/prodigy.jpg) to find out.

Can't fucking wait!:eek::cool::cool::cool:

joethelion
08-14-2005, 08:58 AM
(insert joke about the likelihood of even this release coming out on time)

:p

IsiliRunite
08-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Back to Mine is and Underworld record with the goal of...?

Ally
08-15-2005, 03:04 AM
Back to Mine is and Underworld record with the goal of...?

The premise is that this is what they'd play you if you came back to their flat post-club.

anna
08-15-2005, 11:29 AM
This should be good. Past ones have had some nice stuff and i enjoyed the Dirtchamber Sessions.

Raz
08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Let's hope he follows the Dirtchamber Sessions template - i.e. good music, rather than the disaster that was AONO.

TheRev
08-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Heh, just in time for my birthday! Provided of course I remember about it by then.

IsiliRunite
08-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Raz, AONO was not a disaster, by any means. Call Poolakaville one, too, then, because they both tried something in a different direction, and at the time, your ears screamed, "No, take me back to the old 303 and breakbeat days, I can't expand me musical repetoire."

chino
08-15-2005, 04:21 PM
I loved the one compiled by Death in Vegas;)

Raz
08-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Raz, AONO was not a disaster, by any means. Call Poolakaville one, too, then, because they both tried something in a different direction, and at the time, your ears screamed, "No, take me back to the old 303 and breakbeat days, I can't expand me musical repetoire."

My musical repetoire is suitably expansive thanks very much. Liam lost the plot. 'Girls' and the one at the end with the 'Thriller' sample were bearable but that's all the love I can muster for the album. The rest is awful.

I don't have Palookaville although I probably heard some of the tracks without knowing it.

Ally
08-16-2005, 02:59 AM
I loved the one compiled by Death in Vegas;)

Likewise, probably my favourite compilation ever.

chino
08-16-2005, 05:17 AM
Likewise, probably my favourite compilation ever.

and I was higly persuaded by your great musical taste to give it a listen.

thank you Ally:)

Ally
08-16-2005, 08:38 AM
and I was higly persuaded by your great musical taste to give it a listen.

thank you Ally:)

Seriously? Thanks for the compliment :)

joethelion
08-17-2005, 07:30 AM

except for the fact that AONO was NOTHING DIFFERENT save for two or three tracks (girls, the way it is, and maybe memphis bells)

undarrenworld
08-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Is there any man who own them all and can say what is best?;)

For me:
1 Orbital
2 New Order
3 Carl Cox
4 Underworld
5 Faithless

Can u imagine Hooky from NO battling these djs?
And he did that job!!!

Phill Hartnoll / Orbital
Carl Cox / Himself
Darren Price / Underworld
Sister Bliss / Faithless

Hooky?

WE LOVE U

Ally
08-17-2005, 09:08 AM
I own a few; the Death In Vegas, New Order and Lamb ones are masterpieces. I want the Pet Shop Boys one.

holden
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
i've never purchased any Back To Mine comp's, mostly because i prefer to get new music by the titled artist rather than the tunes they like. It's a fine idea for a series, but it seems to have grown a little stale...how many back to mines are there? A lot. Maybe having Prodigy do one will put a little excitement back innit?

First AONO, then "Their Law" hits comp, and now a Back to Mine and rumors of a new LP by next year's end...what is going on with Liam? Not a peep from 1997-2002, then lotsa Prodigy!

polar_action
08-18-2005, 01:27 PM
now come on dirty kids.

AONO is a good album but you all seem to be missing the fact that Hotride ft Julliet Lewis is the top track!

Dirtchamber is quality... if you don't already have the original mix for the breezeblock then download it from soulseek. It's got some different tracks to the released CD.

Just my wee pitch. It no doubt turns out that we all have differing tastes in sounds which overlap here and there.

:p

holden
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
AONO really did grow on me...it packs a lot of punch, especially "Spitfire", "Memphis Bells", "Wakeup Call" and "Get Up get Off". Even "Hotride" is catchy, i just can't take Juliette, though :rolleyes: However, i think the fuzzed out bass that sounds like a fart gets old quick. And it's omnipresent.

i think the fact that we're still debating it's worth ("it's crap"/"no it's not"!) a year later is telling...Prodigy aren't done, and they're certainly not forgettable, either!

Ally
08-18-2005, 10:14 PM
http://www.backtomine.com/

stimpee
08-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Call Poolakaville one, too, then
AONO. Disaster. Palookavilla. Disaster.

they were both utter shite. without doubt the worst dance albums i heard the whole of last year in a tie at the bottom of the list. however, the dirtchamber sessions is an excellent mix and its still occasionally in my playlist. not exactly what you'd play if you brought someone back to your place though so i'm expecting something different.

chino
08-19-2005, 02:23 PM
i've never purchased any Back To Mine comp's, mostly because i prefer to get new music by the titled artist rather than the tunes they like. It's a fine idea for a series, but it seems to have grown a little stale...how many back to mines are there? A lot.

and also there are tons of similar compilations... another late night and so on.... however I find it very exciting to know the music that those artist used to (or currently) listen (sometimes those influences're quite more interesting than the tunes of the host artists).:p

and Ally guess what, I'm looking forward to getting those New order, Lamb and Pet Shop Boys selections:p

djeddy
08-19-2005, 11:18 PM
oh fuck! :mad:

Ally
10-23-2005, 03:11 AM
and Ally guess what, I'm looking forward to getting those New order, Lamb and Pet Shop Boys selections:p

What do you think of the Lamb and New Order ones? I'm just listening to the New Order one and it put me in mind of you getting it.

sunflowereye
10-23-2005, 06:50 AM
I have most of the early BtM up to the Underworld one. Are any of the 8 0r 9 that have come out since then really outstanding? Sounds like the Death in Vegas one is popular. How about Carl Cox, Lamb or Tricky releases?

My top 5 are:

1. Nick Warren
2. Dave Seaman
3. Morcheeba
4. Everything But the Girl
5. Talvin Singh

joethelion
10-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Tricky's isn't bad... save for one track -> Liz Denmore - Just a Little Bit

which is sooo absolutely horrible and grating on your ears that it will effect how you think about the release. yes, it's that bad but I mean there are some good tracks on it, especially the new Tricky ones

chino
10-23-2005, 04:47 PM
What do you think of the Lamb and New Order ones? I'm just listening to the New Order one and it put me in mind of you getting it.

I haven't tasted Lamb one, but New order one is fucking great: I hated first track, but the rest is good man.

The bad new here is that I can get'em at the CD Store at the nice price of almost US$35. :eek: