PDA

View Full Version : European tour is rescheduled - see tour info thread

GoatSucker
10-22-2007, 03:46 AM
Just got an email from Kartenhaus saying that the German leg of the tour has been postponed - Anyone got any more details on this, didn't see any announcement on UnderworldLive.com.

Original email (in German)

Lieber Kartenhaus Kunde,

wie uns der Veranstalter soeben mitteilte, ist die gesamte Deutschland Tour von Underworrd abgesagt worden. Neue Termine werden in Kürze bekannt gegeben. Tickets behalten Gültigkeit!

Die bereits gekauften Tickets können nach dem unten aufgeführten System, zurückgegeben werden. Viele Grüße
Euer Kartenhaus Serviceteam

Die Rückgabe der bei Kartenhaus Ticketservice GmbH gekauften Tickets ist möglich. Hierfür füllen Sie bitte einfach das Rückgabeformular aus und schicken es dann mit den Karten zu uns. Der Kartenwert wird Ihnen dann, entsprechend unserer Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen "AGB" zurück erstattet. Denken Sie bitte daran uns möglichst schnell die Konzertkarten zurück zu schicken, denn nur so können wir Ihnen den Wert erstatten.

Babelfish translation:
Dear one house of cards customer, as the organizer just communicated us, entire Germany route was called off by Underworrd. New dates shortly admits given. Tickets keep validity! The tickets already bought can be returned after the system specified down. Many greetings your house of cards service team The return of the tickets bought with house of cards ticket service GmbH is possible. For this you fill out please simply the form for return and send it then with the maps to us. The map value is back refunded to you then, according to our general trading conditions "AGB". Think please to it to us as fast as possible the concert maps back for sending, because only so we can refund the value to you.

I've got a ticket for the Berlin gig, which I was travelling to then spending the rest of the week there, but I'll still be going. I think there is a Cobblestone Jazz gig on the same night, so that will have to substitute....

Hope the band get better soon...

stargurl
10-22-2007, 04:13 AM
There's a note on the website for the Heineken Music Hall that says that the Amsterdam and Rotterdam shows have been cancelled to to 'severe throat infection'. Apparently they're looking to reschedule in January/February 2008.

I guess the appearance at I Love Techno will also be cancelled?

Concert Underworld uitgesteld!

De concerten die Underworld zou geven op 5 november in de Maassilo in Rotterdam en op 9 november in de Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam gaan niet door. De zanger van de band kampt met een stevige keelontsteking en is voorlopig niet in staat de Europese tour door te zetten. Op dit moment wordt er gezocht naar vervangende data voor beide concerten, die naar verwachting in januari of februari 2008 gaan plaatsvinden. Tickets blijven geldig voor de nieuwe concertdata.
In een statement liet Underworld-frontman Karl Hyde weten het erg vervelend te vinden een deel van de Europese tour te moeten uitstellen:

"It is with great regret that we have had to pull-out of the European leg of the current Underworld tour due to severe illness in the band. More details will follow, but in the meantime, we appreciated your patience and understanding."

Reeds gekochte kaarten voor beide concerten blijven geldig voor de nieuwe data. Deze worden binnenkort bekend gemaakt, o.a. via de website van Mojo Concerts.

ndrwrld
10-22-2007, 04:22 AM
wow.
sorry to all who had their hopes for an early recovery quashed.
trust me...i feel your pain.
get well soon.

m.g.
10-22-2007, 04:24 AM
I've just been on the site of kartenhaus (http://www.kartenhaus.de/) & the 5 dates for the UW gigs are written CANCELLED...

stimpee
10-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Shit. i was supposed to go to the Munich gig and i've paid for flights and accomodation. :(

Also got tix for Rotterdam and Amsterdam too :(

get well soon rick.

Techno_Bunny
10-22-2007, 04:41 AM
hotels can be cancelled till 24 hours in advance, usually without any costs, traintickets with just a tiny loss for admin costs, i don't know about flights, but i guess those can be refunded as well.
I was going to go to 2 shows, but i couldn't care less, as long as Rick gets well.
My tiny inconveniences are nothing compared to being severely ill.

ndrwrld
10-22-2007, 06:10 AM
the entire European tour is cancelled.
wow.
im so sorry to all involved.

get well soon.

King of Snake
10-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Shit. i was supposed to go to the Munich gig and i've paid for flights and accomodation. :(

Also got tix for Rotterdam and Amsterdam too :(

get well soon rick.
according to that HMH text it's actually Karl who has a severe throat-infection.
Anyway, this sucks. Obviously it sucks the most for Karl (if it is indeed him that's ill) and the rest of the Underworld team but I was definitely looking forward to seeing them soon again. Guess we'll have to have some patience for the continuation of the european tour.

GET WELL SOON KARL! (or Rick)

Yannick
10-22-2007, 06:19 AM
confirmed, the entire europe tour is called off.

holden
10-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Sad news, indeed.

Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Geo
10-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Cancellation of the ILT-gig has appeared in the digital media over here..

All the best wishes to the band!!

stimpee
10-22-2007, 07:22 AM
aNt just also confirmed to me that the Euro tour is off.

We should wait for an official notice on Underworldlive.com

And I dont know what HMH are saying, but its not Karl who's sick, its Rick.

ndrwrld
10-22-2007, 07:25 AM
rick...stop singing ! ( sorry, i had to ).
get well soon.
you know we'll always be here ready and waiting for you.

freur
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Best wishes to Mr. Smith!

samralh
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
aNt just also confirmed to me that the Euro tour is off.

We should wait for an official notice on Underworldlive.com

And I dont know what HMH are saying, but its not Karl who's sick, its Rick.

well, here it is:

http://http://www.underworldlive.com/home.html

Sorry guys.

Get well soon.

stimpee
10-22-2007, 01:29 PM
Underworld Live - Europe, October/November 2007
It is with great regret that we have had to pull-out of the European leg of the current Underworld tour due to severe illness in the band.

More details will follow, but in the meantime, we appreciated your patience and understanding.

King of Snake
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
here's an announcement (http://www.mojo.nl/agenda/evenement.asp?pid=1316) on the Mojo concerts website

"the reason for the delay is a continuing pneumonia which Rick Smith has been suffering from for some time"

again: get well soon Rick. :(

TomTom
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
When I saw the post on their Myspace page it really struck me. :( I can't describe how much I looked forward to it...something in a range of a kid waiting for the coolest gift on earth for Christmas. :D In fact it was the only thing that kept me alive and going in the last weeks because I have to work way to much at the moment. Bummer. Now I am waiting for the answer from Cocoon how they will handle people who have tickets already.

But on the same day in the evening I got the recording from their Roadhouse gig in London and listened to it over headphones. Gosh it got me so much going to hear a recent live recording and to listen to the new tracks from Oblivion with bells live and to hear older tracks in a new robe. Also the energy of the crowd gave me goosebumps so many times...unbelievable experience. Yeah yeah I AM a geek..I know. :o

When I heard the live version of Kittens I went mental..Jesus Holy Christ on a pogo stick..removed the headphones and turned the system on really LOUD and danced through the whole flat like a maniac...had a fantastic time until a neighbor came asking me to turn the volume down LMAO.

TomTom
11-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Normally in a few hours the madness would start....*sigh* I got the E-Mail yesterday from Coccon that the gig was cancelled..I wonder how many people will be there tonight not scanning the Internet or checking their E-Mails daily. Best news in the Cocoon info E-Mail was that they are aiming for a February 2008 date and tickets remain valid.

crazysugarboy
11-03-2007, 01:00 PM
For those of you (of which there are many, doubtless) dissapointed at the cancellation of the tour, here is a very poor substitute:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/at_the_back_of_the_world/1847702800/

BeautifulBurnout
11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
For those of you (of which there are many, doubtless) dissapointed at the cancellation of the tour, here is a very poor substitute:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/at_the_back_of_the_world/1847702800/
Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

I cannot stop laughing at this. Fantastic, Michael! :D

Edit: This pic needs to be stickied, somehow.

m.g.
11-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

I cannot stop laughing at this. Fantastic, Michael! :D

Edit: This pic needs to be stickied, somehow. Thinking exactly like Janie atm ^^^

Dirty0900
11-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Fecking awesome pic, love it!