PDA

View Full Version : Underworld Live - Norwich 10th Oct 2007

Flywaver
10-10-2007, 06:49 AM
I am absolutely buzzing. I had to start work at 2am and only had two hours kip this morning and roll on tonight...............:D
About to walk the dog but i am bouncing more than her so she will walk me!

Flywaver
10-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Need a setlist please. Ill start it off. Please fill in the gaps. Probaly wrong on alot of it.

1. Dirty Epic
2. Mixed version of Jal To Tokyo
3. Maybe Playpig. My memory at a total loss at the first half
4. Beautiful Burnout (Bigmouth in the middle!?)

Oh sod it i cant remember orders so anyway, Two Months Off,Crocodile,You Do Scribble,Rowla,Cowgirl,Born Slippy Nuxx,King Of Snake.Moaner and encore was Jumbo. What else am i missing???

holden
10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
:) Dirty Epic and JAL to Tokyo?! Sounds like a great gig! Glad you dirtys enjoyed!

TheBang
10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
You Do Scribble?!

Lx_Nen
10-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Just got back to Romford through heavy fog on the A11/M11. Not sure about JAL to Tokyo, but it was the same track as in Birmingham last night, very catchy almost orchestral riff, with 'vision/come on' lyrics (and something about eyebrows/head on a stick?) - I guess we'll find out what it officially is when the live cd tracklist appears.

Beautiful burnout topped even the 12 minute Birmingham version, with a very unexpected but well recieved harmonica solo from Karl (I think he played more harmonica than guitar this time out), but for me the highlights were a storming Moaner, Diry Epic to start, and yes indeed You Do Scribble, which was even faster than the Tokyo CD version - almost impossibly manic, and all the better for it!

Great memories from this one, it's a pity there wasn't (yet?) a CD as the show had nearly all the omitted tracks from last night's set. A much younger and more into it crowd really got into things by the end, and there was much hugging of random strangers down the front as Jumbo ended. Being one of the oldies, I'm aching all over from too much arm waving. Amazingly, despite arriving only 10 minutes before the band went on (UEL has no signposting!) I managed to bag a spot in the very front row, directly infron of Karl, which was great, and a nice change from the night before when I was some way back boogieing with my other half, an Underworld virgin - she's now hinting that I should go with her to Donny Osmond as I've converted her to liking UW, she wants to return the favour...

TheBang
10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Just got back to Romford through heavy fog on the A11/M11. Not sure about JAL to Tokyo, but it was the same track as in Birmingham last night, very catchy almost orchestral riff, with 'vision/come on' lyrics (and something about eyebrows/head on a stick?) - I guess we'll find out what it officially is when the live cd tracklist appears.
Was it this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO5FBgnSKJk

Lx_Nen
10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes! We have a name it's "Bamboo" :-)

TheBang
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Interesting that they've co-opted Lenny Penne's lyrics into Bamboo every time now. Well, it'll be nice to have a soundboard of Bamboo.

Flywaver
10-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Need a track list. I still ache from dancing yesterday and not quite got my hearing back! Yeah the UEA wasn't sign posted that well plus once your there i couldn't find where to go again. Yeah lots of youngsters there. A few fit birds as well. Tough i am Married now. lol

crazysugarboy
10-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Was it this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO5FBgnSKJk

This new track Bamboo is gorgeous :) - I hope they play it at the Roundhouse. And that vid of pulsetrain's is just the buisiness.

Lx_Nen
10-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Was I in the best position in the house or what? Front row, just to the right of the desk :-)

You could have counted the sequins...

Happydonkey
10-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Why didn't you Lx Nex. I will in Nottingham and get back to you!
This Donkey will will be ecstatic if she hears Dirty epic. Please underworld if you wouldn't mind awfully. Let that shiny Jacket burn my eyes and make me feel dirty.