PDA

View Full Version : Tour kicks off Tonight

Cadevil
09-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Tour kicks off tonight with beat poetry and beats...fitting that the boys get things rolling where the heart of the beat movement began. How many times have Karl's lyrics been compared to this?

This tour is a real treat to us US dirts...and right on the verge of an album release...can feel the electricity upon us.

Everybody have fun at these shows!

grady
09-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I just got into SF about two hours ago and walked down market to the Warfield. The stage doors were open and the desk and everything was setup. I could only stand around gawking from the sidewalk for so long before someone asked if they could help me. I wanted to stay around for the sound check.

staylucid
09-07-2007, 02:46 PM
does anybody know what time UW goes on tonight? I really hope oakenfold is not headlining..

grady
09-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I think it's pretty clear that Oakenfold is NOT headlining.

staylucid
09-07-2007, 03:24 PM
i would hope so but.. this world is pretty strange at times..

grady
09-07-2007, 03:28 PM
i would hope so but.. this world is pretty strange at times..

Note: his name is below underworld on the marquee at the warfield, in the ads, and on the website he is opening, not headlining.

BrianG
09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
doors opening in about 30 mins... i can't wait...

http://www.briangreene.name/misc/underworld_sanfran_sept07.jpg

aaron5000
09-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Updates/reports?

Troy McClure
09-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Maybe still going on? Waiting patiently...:cool:

dubman
09-08-2007, 12:51 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

LUETIN
CROCODILE
DIRTY EPIC
BEAUTIFUL BURNOUT
TWO MONTHS OFF
COWGIRL/REZ
KING OF SNAKE
KITTENS
BORN SLIPPY
MOANER
JUMBO

THE BEST ONE YET. SOUND WAS AMAZING. KARL WAS GREAT/HILARIOUS. RICK SANG. THERE WERE IMPROVS SCATTERED ABOUT THE FIRST HALF INCLUDING A GREAT ONE WITH A NASTY GUITAR SNARLING THROUGH IT. THE SAMPLE COMES BACK IN BORN SLIPPY. IT'S BRILLIANT. THE GUY IN FRONT OF ME TOOK THE BEST PICTURES AND VIDEO CLIPS EVER AND HE WILL EMAIL ME THEM IF HE DOESNT POST HERE
I HAVE A WEIRD PAIN IN MY GUT AND I FEEL LIKE I'M WALKING ON JELLO
I'M DOING THIS AGAIN TOMORROW.
WHAT THE FUCK.
AWESOME.
THEY'RE SELLING T-SHIRTS AND A BIG BOOKLET.
I WAS THE GUY IN THE BRIGHT GREEN PLAIN SHIRT AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE WHO WAS TALL
OAKENFOLD WAS STUPID BUT ENTERTAINING AND THATS WHAT MATTERS RIGHT
FUCK HIM. HE'S GREAT BECAUSE HE'S TERRIBLE. HIS VIDEO PROJECTIONS WERE BEYOND AWFUL, AND DISTRACTING, AND LULZY.
YOU WILL HAVE FUN WITH HIM BUT YOU WILL WANT HIM TO LEAVE ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE HE DOES.

IF I FORGOT ANYTHING ON THE SET LIST FEEL FREE TO CORRECT.

BUT OH MY FUCKING GOD

WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW

ASK ME WHILE I'M STILL TYPING IN CAPS OKAY

grady
09-08-2007, 01:16 AM
I kind of wish there were no opener, just underworld. Oakenfold was unbearable. My friend and I spent his set standing around in the lobby sipping a few pints and chatting.

I never thought a show could surpass the first time I saw underworld in 02 at the warfield but I think this show just might have.

My one complaint: No Dark Train/Shake that Higher, but me thinks it will pop up on todays set list.

How fucking cool is it to see the boys two nights in a row?

I bought one of the tour programs. It was $15. It seems to list the book of jams as something of a print conpendium of underworldlive postings.

dubman
09-08-2007, 01:28 AM
yeah it wasnt terrifically imformative of the actual program of the tour, it just listed the dates along with an assload of great great pictures i'm thinking about seperating and displaying them somehow, i dont know..., but the book of jam sounds more intriguing now.

i dont really know what i'll be doing tomorrow.
i dont want to stand around for oakenfolds set anymore, as brutish and limited and... decent in a mindless way as it was, but i also really like the front and center when the boys come on...

grady
09-08-2007, 01:34 AM
yeah it wasnt terrifically imformative of the actual program of the tour, it just listed the dates along with an assload of great great pictures i'm thinking about seperating and displaying them somehow, i dont know..., but the book of jam sounds more intriguing now.

i dont really know what i'll be doing tomorrow.
i dont want to stand around for oakenfolds set anymore, as brutish and limited and... decent in a mindless way as it was, but i also really like the front and center when the boys come on...

The program was what most programs are, like the one I bought at Bowie's Reality tour, a snap shot/image/glimpse/reminder of what you just experienced.

I'm gonna chat with BLD tomorrow. PM either of us. I agree on Oakenfold's set, utter boredom. I was able to get pretty close after the set was over.

Were you in front against the fence again dubman?

dubman
09-08-2007, 01:42 AM
not against the fence, but one guy away from it, and i was glad about it because that guy took some AMAZING shots while i decided to not drag my large fucking camera they wouldnt have allowed anyway. i gave him my email so i hope i see them soon.

is there a plan to meet somewhere tomorrow?

i told myself i wouldnt get there egregiously early because i dont need to be the 5th guy in line but i couldnt help it. not even the bucketman could hold me back.

grady
09-08-2007, 01:47 AM
not against the fence, but one guy away from it, and i was glad about it because that guy took some AMAZING shots while i decided to not drag my large fucking camera they wouldnt have allowed anyway. i gave him my email so i hope i see them soon.

is there a plan to meet somewhere tomorrow?

i told myself i wouldnt get there egregiously early because i dont need to be the 5th guy in line but i couldnt help it. not even the bucketman could hold me back.

BDL and I talked about potentially doing something prior to the show. I'd say the more people that can make it, the better. Didn't you lose your ID though?

I thought you were probably up in front again dubman.

As for being 9th in line to your 5th a few years back, I don't know if I have the patience for that, especially with an hour of Oakenfold on top of two hours or so of standing around.

dubman
09-08-2007, 01:54 AM
BDL and I talked about potentially doing something prior to the show. I'd say the more people that can make it, the better. Didn't you lose your ID though?

I thought you were probably up in front again dubman.

As for being 9th in line to your 5th a few years back, I don't know if I have the patience for that, especially with an hour of Oakenfold on top of two hours or so of standing around.
i know
luckily there were some people to talk to. they sounded totally like dirts but we never got around to asking each other's handles. we just accepted it and had a good time making fun of stuff.
yeah i did lose it. was too lazy to get a new one since i'm not in the habit of drinking so i didnt really neeeeed it.
cept now probably. sigh.
yeah if you guys meet at a bar i might skip, but just maybe a way to recognize each other later on?

dc_04
09-08-2007, 07:30 AM
i'd love to meetup tonight as well.

although i do need to get there excessively early.. gotta suffer through the boredom to get some more pics and vids :)

- dc

beh
09-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I'd be up a meet tonight. however, I have no desire to see Oakenfold's set again... BORING. (did like a few of his sets many years go, surprising). since we know the boys come on at ~10:30, I might just show up at 10-ish, which would probably make the meet a no-go for me, but let me know if anything's going on. will just be me and a couple of co-workers tonight, not the big group of 11 like last night!

bh

(I hope thet open with JAL to Tokyo tonight.)