PDA

View Full Version : Underworld Concert: What time do they come on?

dirty30
09-05-2007, 12:25 PM
The SF warfield gig is scheduled at 8:30pm.

What time do you thing Oakenfold will end and the Underworld will come on.

How long will they last?

Thanks!!

potatobroth
09-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I've seen quite a few different UW tours.

In NY they had a delayed start and we waited for almost 2 hours before they came out. Didn't matter though as Carl Cox and Plastikman kept us entertained. (and that old NY dj who's name I forget.)

I've also seem them play for 3 hours at the Hammerstein. Isnt the Electradlide over 3 hours?

I'd expect them to come on-stage in Central Park at about 8pm, but that is all speculative.

dc_04
09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
i'd say the opener will probably do an hour/hour and a half.. with UW doing the same.

NYC gig is scheduled for 4:30PM EST. i suspect UW will be on a bit before dark.. probably end the event around 8:00/8:30.

(the hollywood bowl begins at 7:30PM, and they close by 10:30PM regardless due to noise restrictions.. so a 3 hour+ all-inclusive show is probably about right)

- dc

Marr
09-05-2007, 02:24 PM
In Super Rock Super Bock (festival), they were the last act.
They entered at midnight if i remember correctly... and they played for an hour and a half aprox.

But that was a festival... so you cant really compare.

dubman
09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
i'm thinking/hoping for a 1 hour set then UW for 2

if they decide to skip the whole oakenfold thing that'd be better.

beh
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I've been to shows at the Warfield (SF) that went past 2 AM (not recently, but did see Gomez there recently who played to ~12:45 AM), so there's no noise curfew. Therefore Underworld can play a nice, long three-hour set!

Last two times at the Warfield (BF and AHDO tours), they've played around 2:15 hr sets.

grady
09-05-2007, 09:49 PM
If my memory serves me correctly this late in the evening, the AHDO October 02 show was scheduled to start at around 9pm with the doors around 7 to 8. I remember being out of the show before/right around midnight as I head to the airport post show to sit in the terminal for a few hours finishing a book before my 7am flight.

potatobroth
09-06-2007, 04:24 AM
i'd say the opener will probably do an hour/hour and a half.. with UW doing the same.

NYC gig is scheduled for 4:30PM EST. i suspect UW will be on a bit before dark.. probably end the event around 8:00/8:30.

(the hollywood bowl begins at 7:30PM, and they close by 10:30PM regardless due to noise restrictions.. so a 3 hour+ all-inclusive show is probably about right)

- dc

hrm. It doesn't get dark in NYC until around 8pm. I'd be shocked if this event ended at 830. I'd say 10 the earliest. I've also never witnessed an UW show that was <2hrs. I'd even wager this to be closer to 3 but then again, its been a long time since I've seen a show in Central Park.

kissmywound
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
i'm thinking/hoping for a 1 hour set then UW for 2

if they decide to skip the whole oakenfold thing that'd be better.

You might be pleasantly surprised by Oakenfold. He was sucking hard for about 5 years with all of his bullshit attempts at "crossover", but lately he's actually been pretty good.