PDA

View Full Version : sin city

chino
08-07-2005, 01:45 PM
just saw Sin City yesterday, and God this film is great.

Lets pretend for one single moment that I don't notice the visual environment, the sound, the effects, the film texture, etc... but the core of the film, the old films' romantic and ideologic feeling is what I love about it. This is the sort of film that I ever wanted to see: it's like a big weird set of love stories.

It can be criticized for several aspects, tons of imperfections; Nevertheless I don't care: this is one of the best films of the year IMO ;)

the mongoose
08-08-2005, 12:45 AM
One of the best films I've seen in my lifetime. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor!

Can't wait for the dvd release and Sin City 2!:cool:

anna
08-15-2005, 10:52 AM
One of my favourite films too! When I saw it there was a bunch of annoying school kids in the audience laughing at all the dialogue! OK maybe it was a bit funny but that was the point of the movie: keeping with the exaggerated comic book style. Not just the visuals but the dialogue too.

cured
08-15-2005, 08:37 PM
"That sure is one fine coat yer wearin'!"

:D

the mongoose
08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh fuck yeah......

I gots me tha DVD!!:):):)

:cool:

monkeyboy
08-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Beatifull poetry, great cast, great acting, awesome atmosphere and a part of the movie was directed by quentin tarantino!

I went to this film for the second time...never done that nefore.

My favorite story of the 3: The Hard Goodbye.

chino
08-19-2005, 04:19 PM
my favorite one by far: Marv's story.

cured
08-19-2005, 07:59 PM
^^ totally agree...had me in stiches almost the entire time!

Animal Boything
08-20-2005, 01:42 PM
I went running to the store to buy the DVD... but I took a look at it, and it didn't have much in the way of extra features, so I was like "wait a minute... I think I'm being suckered." So I went up to the counter and said "is there a way fancier DVD of this coming out in a couple months?" and the chick was like "I'm pretty sure there is." So I put that shit back on the shelf.

This kind of thing is starting to piss me off.

Here's a link. (http://actionadventure.about.com/od/dvdnews/p/aasincityDVD.htm)Word on the street is it's coming out for real in December.