PDA

View Full Version : Photographers on Dirty

MikeyC
08-16-2007, 07:56 PM
several people had mentioned being photographers on the thread asking hyde about his work. was wondering if any of you out there have a site of your work up. always love to check out new stuff. posting a link to mine as well though i feel a bit foolish since i am in the middle of remaking it and theres very little up on it other than one section.

click (http://www.mikeyclikesit.com)

viddy
08-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Some of my pics, from the city by the lake. (http://www.humanwire.net/pics/)

For about a six month period, I carried my digital camera with me every single day where ever I went. I literally have a folder of pictures and video for every single day for six months.

dubman
08-17-2007, 09:10 AM
i dont have a site, i just post photography along with everything else on a livejournal.

tr2a

though two recent sets are
http://tr2a.livejournal.com/214839.html

and

http://tr2a.livejournal.com/208999.html

crank
08-17-2007, 10:25 AM
My definition of pro photographer and who i am means i derive more than half my income from photography.

is that what you are referring to?

c.rank

kid cue
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM
i have some work up here:

http://fac13.org/~ryan
(click the arrows to navigate pix)

it's mainly videos right now, though..

viddy
08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
i dont have a site, i just post photography along with everything else on a livejournal.

tr2a

though two recent sets are
http://tr2a.livejournal.com/214839.html

and

http://tr2a.livejournal.com/208999.html
Dubman, I LOVE the second set. AWESOME.

Duckie, I like that video with shots of the TV screen. Neato.

supersonicsooty
08-17-2007, 03:07 PM
I've just started taking photographs to practise making images of terrestrial surroundings sure but here are a couple of extraterrestrial astroshots taken locally:

http://stemsalford.org/imagegallery.aspx

kagenaki koe
08-17-2007, 10:43 PM
i really dont have a dedicated page for photos on my site (there is an art / photo / design section where most stuff is thrown in (plus i'm more of a casual shooter/hobby kinda thing)

so i just put some pages together with photos HERE (http://alaundre.com/photos.htm)

the blurry looking images with saturated colors were taken with a Lomo camera. the pics with text/etc on them are being used somewhere else on the site. theres a few photos that look like a series (the red/green decaying walls) but i havent gotten around to making a project out of it yet.

MikeyC
08-18-2007, 02:02 PM
with all the people who are on dirty working in different media (web, music, photo, im sure others as well) im a little suprised no ones ever tried to organize a dirty online web project combining work of all sorts onto a site. a sort of online installation. i know theres been dirty music competitions before. i think it would be a rather interesting idea to try.

Techno_Bunny
08-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi MikeyC, there has been an artproject for many years, i can't think of the name of it right now but there is!

and guys (girls?) i'm blown away by your photographs, totally awsome!

viddy
08-18-2007, 04:58 PM
i really dont have a dedicated page for photos on my site (there is an art / photo / design section where most stuff is thrown in (plus i'm more of a casual shooter/hobby kinda thing)

so i just put some pages together with photos HERE (http://alaundre.com/photos.htm)

the blurry looking images with saturated colors were taken with a Lomo camera. the pics with text/etc on them are being used somewhere else on the site. theres a few photos that look like a series (the red/green decaying walls) but i havent gotten around to making a project out of it yet.

More awesomeness. Are you sure you're not Karl Hyde?

Techno_Bunny
08-18-2007, 05:18 PM
a look-photos-alike at least :D

sola sistim
08-19-2007, 01:09 AM
http://jamesruff.deviantart.com/

i havnt taken photos in aaaaaaaaaages.
thinkin about gettin a new camera..

kid cue
08-19-2007, 06:35 AM
i havnt taken photos in aaaaaaaaaages.
thinkin about gettin a new camera..
me neither .. i might take my Mamiya to Italy next week, but i'll probably just want to eat sausages the whole time. i bought a Contax point+shoot that i was really excited about but haven't really gotten into, maybe this will be the time.

crazysugarboy
08-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I have some pix here:
http://crazysugarboy.deviantart.com/

Sean
08-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Here's a link to some pages of pictures I've taken over the past year or so. (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/view/tabblos/seanpmullen/)

myrrh
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
That is a great site Sean. I love the way you can make those layouts! I had been looking for something like that for awhile.

Sean
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
That is a great site Sean. I love the way you can make those layouts! I had been looking for something like that for awhile.Yeah, one of my wife's old high school friends helped build it, although I'd still be a fan even if that wasn't the case.

Enjoy!

MikeyC
08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Here's a link to some pages of pictures I've taken over the past year or so. (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/view/tabblos/seanpmullen/)

i like those shots of the wine bottles. i actually thought they were the sides of buildings shot at night until i read beneath. my safari kept crashing when i was checking out your site. had to get to with ie. dont know if youre a mac user but was wondering if anyone else had that problem?

MikeyC
08-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Some of my pics, from the city by the lake. (http://www.humanwire.net/pics/)

For about a six month period, I carried my digital camera with me every single day where ever I went. I literally have a folder of pictures and video for every single day for six months.

viddy,
a lot of these are really nice. enjoyed looking through your stuff. loved all the skylines. 1814 and 2483 are favorites for sure.

MikeyC
08-21-2007, 11:49 AM
My definition of pro photographer and who i am means i derive more than half my income from photography.

is that what you are referring to?

c.rank

c.rank,
dont know if you were directing the question at me, but ill open my mouth since im in a hyper chatty mood. i think its partially about making money that would give you the title of a "professional photographer," but even more so i think it is the initial intent or motivation. more of a "who are you shooting for?" a client or yourself. i have read many articles from incredibly famous photographers who consider themselves to be amateur photographers. i think both classes are equally important, you just have to ask different questions when looking at the work from the two. then of course you have to ask when does one even begin to consider themselves a "photographer." a good portion of the population on earth are taking pictures, so who gets the title. its fun to watch the "professionals" squirm when they see something that some 11 year old kid shot. the technologies so advanced these days that it has become almost too easy to get incredibly good, clean, sharp, properly exposed shots. but i will stop because im moving into nerd mode. i just love to see work from anyone who picks up a camera, professional or amateur, "photographer" or not. its always inspiring.

p.s. sorry about the multiple posts. just been picking through the posts. feeling somewhat bad since i started the thread and then only got around to just looking at it in any real depth now.

Sean
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
i like those shots of the wine bottles. i actually thought they were the sides of buildings shot at night until i read beneath. my safari kept crashing when i was checking out your site. had to get to with ie. dont know if youre a mac user but was wondering if anyone else had that problem?That's strange. I'm on a Mac at work, PC at home, and neither have given me any trouble. Sorry 'bout that. And as far as the pictures go, all of the ones on that Nevada Desert page were shot with my cel phone. I love the way some pictures come out on that little thing.

MikeyC
08-21-2007, 02:25 PM
sean,
are the photos from the plane photomerges or simply crops?

kid cue
08-22-2007, 05:56 AM
then of course you have to ask when does one even begin to consider themselves a "photographer." a good portion of the population on earth are taking pictures, so who gets the title. i think you have to really care about the photographic medium, understand deeply what it can do, have a very personal relationship to it. i don't know if i can call myself a "photographer" on those terms. the photographers i know shoot every day, are willing to take thousands of pictures (on film!) in certain circumstances, which isn't so unusual, but they all seem to be working things out specifically through that medium. they still have something particular they want to get across in photographs; they aren't just using photographs because they happen to have a camera, and they can't draw, or whatever. and on some level, i think you have to love the photograph in and of itself, as opposed to just using it as a jumping-off point for some other project.

MikeyC
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
i think you have to really care about the photographic medium, understand deeply what it can do, have a very personal relationship to it. i don't know if i can call myself a "photographer" on those terms. the photographers i know shoot every day, are willing to take thousands of pictures (on film!) in certain circumstances, which isn't so unusual, but they all seem to be working things out specifically through that medium. they still have something particular they want to get across in photographs; they aren't just using photographs because they happen to have a camera, and they can't draw, or whatever. and on some level, i think you have to love the photograph in and of itself, as opposed to just using it as a jumping-off point for some other project.

i agree somewhat to having to have the care and understanding and relationship with photographs. but that still doesn't do it. if you had all that and dont pick up the camera then you are more of a critic than a photographer. but what you said is certainly part of it i think. though it may sound silly and sentimental, photography cant be viewed as much less than a lover for many people. you have all the same problems with it. and it can very quickly become all encompassing and even destructive (i believe photography is darker and more depressing than any other medium due to inherent nature of pictures themselves.)

and i am going to contradict myself in this paragraph but it is a problem that i try to figure out almost every day. perhaps i never will. i think technically a photographer is a person who just picks up a camera and shoots. you dont even have to ever have your film developed, ever look at it, never work photographs in a dark room or the computer(which technically is moving into print-making.) however, ive known people who put down their camera for months and even years, even working other jobs during the period, and yet i can not consider them as anything but a photographer.

there is certainly an acknowledged difference between a "photographer" and an "artist" who happens to use photography. if you go to an art school or even a normal university in an art program, you can often notice that "photographer" is almost a dirty word. if you have crits with students across several mediums you will have discussions about concept and philosophy. when it comes time to looking at photographs the pointless questions begin. "what camera was it shot on?" "what sort of lens?" "how did you print it?" it becomes all about technical issues. i like to ask the painters what size brushes they use when that happens. but it is often looked down upon by a large percentage of the art world. though some certainly do praise the "photographer." its a different world.

nobuyoshi araki had an interesting idea on the subject. i think i read it in this book (http://www.amazon.com/Nobuyoshi-Araki-Self-Life-Death/dp/0714845558/ref=sr_1_13/104-6411973-9434362?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187799212&sr=8-13). (which is amazing. i highly recommend araki to anyone who is a photographer and hasnt checked into him. even if you hate his actual work his ideas will always stir some thought). but basically he was working out what sets someone apart as a photographer since almost everyone in the world is taking pictures it seems. basically he came to the conclusion that he would play and dress the part of the ultimate photographer. think david bailey on lots of steroids. so its that idea of dress the part and eventually youll become the part.

i dont mean any of this as a "no youre wrong." its something i know i dont know the answer to. but i like throwing the idea around. the points you made certainly fit into the equation, but its how they fit together that is difficult.

kid cue
08-22-2007, 08:22 AM
there is certainly an acknowledged difference between a "photographer" and an "artist" who happens to use photography. if you go to an art school or even a normal university in an art program, you can often notice that "photographer" is almost a dirty word. if you have crits with students across several mediums you will have discussions about concept and philosophy. when it comes time to looking at photographs the pointless questions begin. "what camera was it shot on?" "what sort of lens?" "how did you print it?" it becomes all about technical issues. i like to ask the painters what size brushes they use when that happens. but it is often looked down upon by a large percentage of the art world. though some certainly do praise the "photographer." its a different world. this wasn't my experience in the art school where i took classes -- there, the photography students were the stars of the program, got most of the attention, and benefited/suffered from the most in-depth critiques. i feel like photography (along with video) is the trendiest medium in the art world now, at least in America.

the technical talk annoys me too--a lot of it just seems like a way to make up for a lack of ideas or talent, especially when it's so easy to make a self-contained picture that works somehow.

nobuyoshi araki had an interesting idea on the subject. i think i read it in this book (http://www.amazon.com/Nobuyoshi-Araki-Self-Life-Death/dp/0714845558/ref=sr_1_13/104-6411973-9434362?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187799212&sr=8-13). i skimmed through that enormous book maybe last year ... i really like him in writing, and a lot of his work. i like a lot of japanese photographers though, i think because there, photography seems totally distinct from the other arts, especially in book form. there doesn't seem to be as huge a difference between "art" and "amateur" photography there.

myrrh
08-22-2007, 09:22 AM
there is certainly an acknowledged difference between a "photographer" and an "artist" who happens to use photography. if you go to an art school or even a normal university in an art program, you can often notice that "photographer" is almost a dirty word. if you have crits with students across several mediums you will have discussions about concept and philosophy. when it comes time to looking at photographs the pointless questions begin. "what camera was it shot on?" "what sort of lens?" "how did you print it?" it becomes all about technical issues. i like to ask the painters what size brushes they use when that happens. but it is often looked down upon by a large percentage of the art world. though some certainly do praise the "photographer." its a different world.

I think that when you get to a certain level of professionalism, then the questions about brushes and paints are legit in the artfield. I went to art school since I was 5, first privately, then for college. Then I worked for 6 years as a personal studio assistant to a fairly recognized artist. (I don't mean to sound like I am boasting or anything)

I can tell you that once you hit the level where your 'art' is selling and you are really living off that, and not like starving artist, but living a good nice life, the topics of conversation move towards things like what kind of tools do you use to make your art.

I think this comes from a persons level of knowledge and understanding of the artform itself, this includes all the tools that go into producing that artform.

For example, if you take a picture that I think is great, and I happen to have twenty years of shooting experience under my belt, then after talking about the picture itself, I ask you about the camera and lens etc that you used. Then you tell me that you used X camera, with X lens etc. Then I, who has in depth knowledge of that camera and those lens, can gain an even greater appriciation of your work because I know the limitations of the equipment that you used to produce it.

It is the same thing with paints. Paints from different companies have different properties. Different painters exploit these different qualities in their paintings. This is a very big deal in the art world. If you follow things, then you may be aware that some pieces that were label as Jackson Pollack experiments were found. Recently they tested pigment samples off them to see if the paint was the paint that he used. Here it was found that the paint on the paintings wasn't patented until shortly after Pollacks death, but he knew the maker of the paints and it is believed that he could have been painting with the test batches.

And the same with music. Why do we care what gear Underworld uses? But for those of us who know the gear, can see and understand how they use it creatively. etc

I hope that makes some sense.

MikeyC
08-22-2007, 09:32 AM
this wasn't my experience in the art school where i took classes -- there, the photography students were the stars of the program, got most of the attention, and benefited/suffered from the most in-depth critiques. i feel like photography (along with video) is the trendiest medium in the art world now, at least in America.

where did you go to school? the school i attended and many ive seen around here while shopping for a grad program are all pushing conceptual art. so if youre dedicated to a specific medium youre looked at as a bit foolish. especially so as a photographer.

i skimmed through that enormous book maybe last year ... i really like him in writing, and a lot of his work. i like a lot of japanese photographers though, i think because there, photography seems totally distinct from the other arts, especially in book form. there doesn't seem to be as huge a difference between "art" and "amateur" photography there.

if you like his thoughts on things, check out "arakimentari." its a dvd with him giving his views on photography and life. theyre all over ebay, though prices on it seem to be continually rising (got it for ten dollars about 2 months ago. now they seem to be at about 30.)

postwar japanese photography is just incredible. although a lot of was born out of american work, they took it and ran with it. much of it is years ahead of the work being done in other places. its funny to see some of the foremost critics give some "new" philosophy on photographs, and some japanese photographer had said the same thing 15 years earlier in some little magazine. but the world of japanese photography was not that familiar to many outside of japan for some time so it's understandable.

japan just is apparently a culture that is a perfect environment for photography. it seems so bipolar. you have the traditional japanese customs and values and how they work next to the westernization that has been creeping in. the major cities in such close proximity to the small little towns that seem to have not changed for such a long time. the level of dedication to work and the absolutely insane ways of partying and stress release. and of course as with any culture you have class struggles.

Sean
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
sean,
are the photos from the plane photomerges or simply crops?Crops. You can click on the image to see the full picture.

kid cue
08-22-2007, 10:19 AM
where did you go to school? the school i attended and many ive seen around here while shopping for a grad program are all pushing conceptual art. so if youre dedicated to a specific medium youre looked at as a bit foolish. especially so as a photographer.
i wasn't enrolled there, but i did some classes at Yale--it's an ultra traditional program, especially wrt photography (Friedlander, diCorcia, and Crewdson are regular critics there), so it made sense that they'd be hardcore with the photo kids. i've heard what you're saying about conceptual programs, in California mainly, where people look down on you if you actually want to make paintings as opposed to locative art, or whatever. it's dumb :rolleyes:

if you like his thoughts on things, check out "arakimentari." its a dvd with him giving his views on photography and life.
yeah, it's been on my Netflix queue for time now! thanks for reminding me, i'll bump it up.

postwar japanese photography is just incredible. although a lot of was born out of american work, they took it and ran with it. much of it is years ahead of the work being done in other places.
who do you like besides Araki? i'm really into Daido Moriyama and (more recently) Rinko Kawauchi and that guy who photographs the Tokyo underground tunnels.

japan just is apparently a culture that is a perfect environment for photography. it seems so bipolar. you have the traditional japanese customs and values and how they work next to the westernization that has been creeping in. the major cities in such close proximity to the small little towns that seem to have not changed for such a long time. the level of dedication to work and the absolutely insane ways of partying and stress release. and of course as with any culture you have class struggles.
how do you see this as being good for photography? i'd love to live there .... :(

MikeyC
08-22-2007, 11:12 AM
who do you like besides Araki? i'm really into Daido Moriyama and (more recently) Rinko Kawauchi and that guy who photographs the Tokyo underground tunnels.

moriyama is without question THE photographer i respect most. he and leonard cohen are the only two famous artists that i have ever wanted to meet and just have a talk with. his work in both style as well as content hit so close to my own feeling on many things. i had always been attracted to work that dealt with this sort of helplessly futile view on life ("100 years of solitude" and "on the road" for instance. "on the road" of course being a major source of influence for moriyama himself.) and so seeing moriyamas photographs for the first time (stumbled upon while looking through the japanese work from william klein, who is also a favorite), they just felt instantly familiar to me. sort of "this is what it looks like in my head."

aside from moriyama im a bit all over the place. and it also depends as very few photographers consistantly do work i like. so it is pick and choose.

takuma nakahira is amazing. was in the provoke group with moriyama. was working in the same bure boke style as moriyama was at the time, but eventually began shooting much more color and "regular" pictures. though i really enjoy that work from him as well.

anton corbijn is a big inspiration for me. ive always hoped that hed somehow end up shooting underworld. he would be my personal fav commercial photographer. his lith prints and blue prints are gorgeous.

william klein as earlier stated. the man who sort of kicked off the whole notion of not trying to get sharper clearer images but instead going for the feel of the scene and the energy in it. his new york book is fantastic.

i like a lot of robert franks later work where he began working in film and doing collages of photos and others materials. the book "storylines" is really beautiful if you havent seen it. i think its much more interesting than "the americans."

the native american photos from edward curtis. they have a similar feel to the work of corbijn. he was working with his own methods of printing and the results are really nice.

and then of course "the ballad of sexual dependency" from nan goldin was THE book that made me go from liking photo to becoming obsessed with it. her later works gets a bit blah.

but aside from moriyama i actually think that the writings of leonard cohen inspire me more than photographers do. occasionally they make me want to kill myself too.

how do you see this as being good for photography? i'd love to live there .... :(

i suppose id boil it down to the place has a huge energy to it. and i think a good deal of that energy comes from the push and pull in the culture. and then simply that theres such a large number of people in the cities. any time you have something like that, for me at least, you cant even put the camera down for more than a few minutes. new york is the same way. every time i go there i come back with a good bit of work.

ive gotten carpel tunnel and no work done today from all the typing on here.

crank
08-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I love that i asked a simple question and got pages of responses!

You can't really have a discussion or review work, portfolios, or just browse snapshots if you don't know the rules of the engagement can you? :)

Your photographer, the one who said he wasn't a photographer and yet IS/ WAS(?) is just being modest probably.

I don't have much time right now (i have too many projects that need to get out the door) but I wanted to throw a couple of pennies into the ring.

crAnk.
PS Karl prob. wouldn't refer to himself as a photographer either. but he IS.
anyone is a potential photographer. but here's a thought: how often can you do it well? a 10 year old can have one amazing picture and then not take his next great picture until he's 20. does that define him as a photographer?

Just because i pick up a brush and put paint on it, and put paint on a wall doesnt make me a 'painter' anymore than one who shoots pix casually is a 'photographer'

definitions are critical and crucial because the playing field isn't the same

:)

MikeyC
08-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Your photographer, the one who said he wasn't a photographer and yet IS/ WAS(?) is just being modest probably.

he did not say he wasnt a photographer. he said he considered himself to be an amateur photographer. if you are doing work out of personal reasons rather than finance, even if money does come from it in some way, then you are by definition an amateur.

PS Karl prob. wouldn't refer to himself as a photographer either. but he IS.
anyone is a potential photographer. but here's a thought: how often can you do it well? a 10 year old can have one amazing picture and then not take his next great picture until he's 20. does that define him as a photographer?

doing it well does not come into it at all. we could both look at the work of one "photographer" with you thinking it is amazing and me calling it trash. so if by my saying that the person does not have a single decent photograph, are we to simply say that the person who took the images is not a photographer? if you shoot pictures, again by definition, you are a photographer.

Just because i pick up a brush and put paint on it, and put paint on a wall doesnt make me a 'painter' anymore than one who shoots pix casually is a 'photographer'

i am going to sound like a prick saying it, but i dont mean this in a rude way. the people who come to your house and put paint on the walls are called painters. they paint. you do however have to judge them with a different set of criteria as it is painting in a different realm. the same is true in looking at the work between a professional and amateur photographer. both are working with very different goals and that has to be taken into account.

i think a major problem is that people often take "professional" to mean good... and "amateur" to mean someone not as skilled and learning.

crank
08-24-2007, 05:35 AM
nope, doesn't sound rude at all.
you made my point for me (although i skimmed)

but a painter who paints portraits: artist
painter who paints walls: craftsman.

are there terms?
Does it matter?
photographer who photographs for a living: prof. photog?
photographer who's an amateur: amateur photog?

are there any rules? sounds like you are basically saying everyone is everthing all the time. no?

Sean
09-09-2007, 01:31 PM
New pictures up of some pellicans and sea lions the wife and I saw on our bike ride this morning.

http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/326028/

lloyd
09-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm rather fond of this one. Taken with a 35/135 3.5/4.5 nikon on the D70s
http://www.flickr.com/photos/70641975@N00/1347621983/

It's the Belgium Singer Arno, he used to be in TC Matic (of olalala (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8m6ceP6v5Y) an underground cult anthem) but has gone solo for years already. Sings in french and english. Best song? Les Yeux de ma Mere (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rrYrTQUlY0).

Chicane
10-12-2007, 02:58 AM
i'm not a prof and even don't have an expensive camera... but anyway you can check this out www.chicane.kiev.ua (http://www.chicane.kiev.ua)

sockman
10-12-2007, 03:24 PM
...Wondering how I missed this thread. Some great stuff here.

I've been doing landscapes for the past 7 years.

Linky: http://www.southwesthorizons.net

&

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benparker/

Sean
10-12-2007, 03:34 PM

&

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benparker/
Damn dude....

m.g.
10-13-2007, 04:49 PM

&

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benparker/ These photos are simply magnificent.

Blueski
10-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Yeah, I agree with you on that. Wonderful.

myrrh
10-15-2007, 02:10 AM
If you are on Facebook, I just put some photos of Tarifa, Spain, where I spent the past few days. Check them out, if you like.

My name is Adrian Cabassa.

lloyd
10-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Got a few keepers I posted at my new blog about the local deer herd.
http://weerterbos.blogspot.com

m.g.
10-16-2007, 05:06 PM
You know, I really love your photos of deers, Lloyd ;)

lloyd
10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
They are getting better over time with more practice..

twicezero
10-19-2007, 04:42 AM
a couple of my 2007 ones are here: http://www.myartprofile.com/twicezero

you can see more here: http://www.twicezero.co.uk/

Blueski
10-29-2007, 10:21 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/futuregraphy/ : This is my flickr profile.

Been into photography for 3 years now. I use Leica (my favorite), Olympus E-450 and a Sony Syber-shot.

Peace.

Chris M
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
first pass of my photo site gonna add links and other content once i nail down a proper layout:) http://auburnsky.net/photosite/index.htm

holden
11-05-2007, 09:47 AM
first pass of my photo site gonna add links and other content once i nail down a proper layout:) http://auburnsky.net/photosite/index.htm

Absolutely beautiful and inspiring pix in there, Chris! Especially like the conceptual gallery. Very professional. Thanks for sharing and keep it up!

Chris M
11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
big thanx for the feedback holden:) i see some very impressive endeavours on your end, very intriguing mate. i'll definitely be bouncing ideas off ya in the near future.

Sean
12-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Just took a trip to Big Bear here in California this past weekend. We were lucky enough to be there for the first snow of the season. Anyway, I took a ton of pictures that you can check out highlights from here (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/573130/). Enjoy!

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
12-08-2007, 04:43 PM
You know Sean, sometimes I really hate you in a green with envy kind of way. :D

Does it sound kinda creepy to say when I look at these I wish I could smell the air there?

chino
12-09-2007, 08:07 AM
so, nobody's shooting portraits? are they way harder than landmarks/abstract?

btw, nice work chris!

Sean
12-10-2007, 12:35 AM
You know Sean, sometimes I really hate you in a green with envy kind of way. :D

Does it sound kinda creepy to say when I look at these I wish I could smell the air there?Yes and no. ;) It was such crisp, fresh air. Until I lit a cigarette.

so, nobody's shooting portraits? are they way harder than landmarks/abstract?I've done some, but I don't share them as much for privacy reasons.

Sean
01-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Got a bunch of new pictures up. You can see all the collections I currently have by clicking right here (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/view/tabblos/grandbrother/).

Enjoy!

Chris M
01-03-2008, 10:08 PM
some shots from recent gigs:)

band of horses:
http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/band-of-horses-avalon.html

mellowdrone:
http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/mellowdrone-echo.html

Peaches & Justice NYE downtown L.A:
http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/hard-nye-downtown-la.html

dubman
01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
new set of photos up. doing things quietly, getting tactile...

http://tr2a.livejournal.com/240723.html

galama
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
www.flickr.com/skopyeah

i draw inspiration from urban sprawl, shapes, subtle forms of art on streets and places and so on.
i update it frequently so check back from time to time

sky
02-21-2008, 09:23 AM
www.flickr.com/skopyeah (http://www.flickr.com/skopyeah)

i draw inspiration from urban sprawl, shapes, subtle forms of art on streets and places and so on.
i update it frequently so check back from time to time

cool stuff

lectoid
03-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll throw my hat in to the ring, but I can't hold a candle to what I've seen here.

http://web.mac.com/lectoid

dubman
03-27-2008, 10:15 PM
i've been on vacation this week up in the northern california redwoods, and have foolishly decided to go through ALL OF MY PICTURES EACH DAY, choosing the ones i really really like, and post a batch of 15-25 per day on my livejournal.

so the last day was today, and here's how it went down.

day 1: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/257938.html

day 2: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/258271.html

day 3: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/258310.html

day 4: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/258725.html

big screen satellite
05-08-2008, 03:32 AM

some pictures of flowers i took at wakehurst place

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigscreensatellite/sets/72157604915850867/

Sean
05-15-2008, 11:00 AM
i've been on vacation this week up in the northern california redwoods, and have foolishly decided to go through ALL OF MY PICTURES EACH DAY, choosing the ones i really really like, and post a batch of 15-25 per day on my livejournal.

so the last day was today, and here's how it went down.

day 1: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/257938.html

day 2: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/258271.html

day 3: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/258310.html

day 4: http://tr2a.livejournal.com/258725.htmlGreat shots. I need to get up there soon.

pafufta816
05-16-2008, 12:51 AM
i'm in an intro to photography course at the moment. when i finish the class, and it isn't stressing me out, i'll post some of the works up. on this current project i'm working on images i took of a friend of mine hoolahooping. she can do all sorts of tricks with a hoola hoop and it's a hobby to her. it's a really exciting project

kagenaki koe
05-25-2008, 08:41 PM
added some pics to my flickr account here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alaundre/)

the set marked as lomo, would probably be of most interest to the dirts.

hotpies
05-28-2008, 06:00 AM
nice lomo pix, kagenaki! (i have a karl hyde lomo photo somewhere come to think of it...)

have a look at http://jrjw.com (http://jrjw.com/) if you fancy. i have quite a few underworld photos somewhere, need to upload...

swimmer
06-16-2008, 10:17 PM
hey there, I'm new to the forum although I've been around underworldlive for quiiiiittteeee some time now. uh, however this thread immediately caught my eye because i've always been a bit of an artist as a hobby & i recently decided to start blogging like karl does and see what friends would think of it as well as see how i liked it. i must say, it's very thought provoking & a good daily creative exercise to keep your mind going. mine is on myspace right now (www.myspace.com/ivebeenwaitingforyou) if anyone is interested in that....it's just photos i take on a (mostly) daily basis. however, i also have a deviantart account that i need to add QUITE a bit of stuff to soon. my username on there is olive-oil if you'd like to check it out; most right now is a bit old but thee will be new stuff up as soon as i get back a portfolio that was sent off. sorry for the long schpiel, but good to join a creative forum. i've always been such a fan of Underworld & Tomato - it's long overdue that i made an account here. :)

lloyd
07-06-2008, 05:44 AM
recently bought a little videocam and having some fun with it. It's just moving pix of my wildlife photos but I like it. Testing now for the red deer rut coming sept, that's what you can't catch in a photo.
http://nl.youtube.com/user/kwiebusch
txts are in dutch as is my photoblog, if you have questions, please do feel free to ask.
http://weerterbos.blogspot.com

Sean
07-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Mushrooms.

http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1533576/

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
07-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey dubman,

Do you have any pictures of the occaisional sea lion that washes up to shore with bite marks(more like holes) from sharks?

I have some, but cannot find.

dubman
07-13-2008, 03:14 PM
when my sister went out to explore the beach the day after she found one half eaten and ran back to bring us all out there to see it. but i was tired and i guess i thought that i couldnt get a picture thats not just looking at a dead thing so i passed.

kinda regret it, kinda dont

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
You're not bery attractive when you're a smarta.

Not like me.:)

Sean
08-01-2008, 10:40 AM
I finally bought a macro lens yesterday. Revisited the snail idea with it (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1559412/), and got a couple unexpected shots of my dog's eyes (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1559402/), too.

Arakias
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
well i know im not a photographer, ESPECIALLY after seeing some of the galleries/links posted in this thread (some outstanding stuff!!!) but i'll share a few of my personal faves on my flickr here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachyn/sets/72157603753657608/). these were just taken with a canon a610 and very minor photoshopping (contrast/light adjustment) if anything. i need to update this set sometime, but i like these for the reason that i did NOT even plan the photos, just a quick snap and on my way (i'm told i have a good eye).

oh and i posted it in the other more specific thread about artjam, but here are a few photos from the beautiful burnout exhibit from nyc (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachyn/sets/72157606648798270/).

im still simply amazed by others work on this site....

Sean
08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
well i know im not a photographer, ESPECIALLY after seeing some of the galleries/links posted in this thread (some outstanding stuff!!!) but i'll share a few of my personal faves on my flickr here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachyn/sets/72157603753657608/). these were just taken with a canon a610 and very minor photoshopping (contrast/light adjustment) if anything. i need to update this set sometime, but i like these for the reason that i did NOT even plan the photos, just a quick snap and on my way (i'm told i have a good eye).

oh and i posted it in the other more specific thread about artjam, but here are a few photos from the beautiful burnout exhibit from nyc (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachyn/sets/72157606648798270/).

im still simply amazed by others work on this site....Hey, great shots! Where did you take the ones in that first set you linked? Looks like an amazing area.

Arakias
08-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey, great shots! Where did you take the ones in that first set you linked? Looks like an amazing area.

Thanks! Well I did a lot of traveling recently, so some photos are from Europe, some from India and some from NYC (though there are very few to begin with). I dunno which you mean in particular, but I made minor tags on them.

I like your pics btw, being from CT, the mushrooms one had caught my eye right away and then I saw some others of yours, great and eye-catching!

Sean
08-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Just finished a series of pages showing shots I've gotten of spiders around here. The series starts here:

http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1576966/

Sean
01-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Just got my first set of shots up online from my recent trip to Romania. These are specifically from the castle that's popularly known as "Dracula's Castle", (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1685450/)even though he never actually lived in it...

dubman
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
the writing on the wall is so great. i remember seeing a special on discovery about the place and they were too busy making it look eerie to make it look nearly as awesome as you did.

with the new year came a sudden impulse to go over last years photos, and i think 75% of the reason why i thought 2008 was better than everyone says is because i feel quite proud of what i've done with my camera. so after about 36 hours of work i made a book and here it is (http://www.lulu.com/content/5551280)
it's a full book preview so it might take a bit to load but not that long.

//\/\/
01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
winterwoods stripped with a sunset-blue sky

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii421/nutts2020/ww2.jpg

and a small strawbale section - i love the unnatural geometry of these things made of something so natural...

http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/ii421/nutts2020/staxx/

Sean
01-16-2009, 10:13 PM
the writing on the wall is so great. i remember seeing a special on discovery about the place and they were too busy making it look eerie to make it look nearly as awesome as you did.Thanks! I had such a blast taking pictures all over Romania. Here are some from Dracula's birthplace, Sigi Swara (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1691221/).

And Brasov... (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1692725/)

And Rasnov Fortress... (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1693229/)

And Bucharest... (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1692161/)

And the wires that blanket Bucharest... (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1686687/)

And even from our flights over there. (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1689736/)

And there'll be some more to come from Sibiu and a couple other random places in Romania.

EDIT - here's a link to all of the Romania picture collections (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/group/ht-seans-romania-pictures/)I have.

bas_I_am
01-23-2009, 02:35 PM
My buddy's flickr site. the kid actually impressed me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/prsphoto/

Dunwho
02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Constantly updating mine...all related to the music i produce and the writing i do every night...

its an ongoing never-ending process.. hope you like

www.flickr.com/photos/daviddonoghue

and the website.

www.intheblackbox.eu (http://www.intheblackbox.eu)

Rog
02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
:cool:

cock-a-doodle
03-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Here's some of my artwork.

First titled: Ultra Blow VAC(def. #1 urban dic. / def. #'s 1-3 wiki wiki)

Second titled: I'm blowelting, I'm blowelting!

lloyd
04-11-2009, 08:27 AM
4 of my pix are now ,printed on canvas, hanging at walls of the walk- and cycle-cafe that just this weekend opened it's doors in an old farmhouse near the entrance of the forrest where I shoot most of my pictures.
This is hanging opposite of the main door.
http://members.home.nl/lloyd/fotos/DSC_9680.jpg

Sean
07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
4th of July fireworks... (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1750095/)

dubman
07-14-2009, 11:04 AM
finally got a flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30977417@N04/) account!

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
"pressure" is now my current wallpaper.

:p

//\/\/
08-31-2009, 12:02 AM
words in your shell-like (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nutts2020/3873864414/in/set-72157622068161041/) from my phonera...

Dunwho
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
words in your shell-like (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nutts2020/3873864414/in/set-72157622068161041/) from my phonera...

That looks real interesting.. what is the sculpture all about and where is it? sorry im an art historian and this stuff gets under my skin if i dont work it out quick..haha

//\/\/
09-01-2009, 07:26 AM
it's called the aldeburgh shell, and is on the beach at aldeburgh, suffolk. don't know the story behind it... lovely little town, though -with lovely views of thorpness nuclear power station!

Dunwho
09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
it's called the aldeburgh shell, and is on the beach at aldeburgh, suffolk. don't know the story behind it... lovely little town, though -with lovely views of thorpness nuclear power station!

Ha oh dear... well best concentrate on the shell then and forget the background. Looks very cool! Good stuff

//\/\/
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
doing it a bit of a disservice, to be honest; it's an incredibly picturesque little town - feels very unspoilt for a seaside resort...

scallops to you, too! (http://www.suffolkcoastal.gov.uk/yourfreetime/arts/scallop/default.htm)

//\/\/
09-18-2009, 04:16 PM
karl is good, translated:

Chris M
10-13-2009, 06:18 PM
shots from a recent thom yorke gig in L.A. check out flea (red hot chili peppers) in the line up too!

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/photography/thom-yorke.html

unwound floors
01-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Do we have any photographers in the house?

I'm a film-sort, myself: while I love a lot of the work I see done with digital cameras these days (oh, the quality!) I've always found myself yearning for my old, old Canonet QL-17 when shooting film these days.

Oh, dear - these boards won't let me post images directly. Sigh! In any case:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2531/3800909993_270150140f.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/3943600407_33bb7673a5.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3522/3943600273_2b211e0bc2.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3445/3944378938_22e5892fc0.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4189462507_bd91b7ccdb.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3449/3801718418_d3d4c14dfc.jpg

Share yours? Or some beautiful photographs you've seen, lately?

spacejunk
01-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice work! Since you're a local you should also put up some of your stuff here. I check it weekly.

http://www.walkingmelbourne.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=07c6ddf0250b04b9ae037bfb952c698e

unwound floors
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey, thanks for the link! Melbourne's architecture is so wonderful - so many buildings and places I've been meaning to go to and photograph properly, so little time! I've got a few friends who are into breaking into abandoned buildings and going down drains, stuff like that, so I've been thinking of joining them at some point. Let me dig up some links for you at some point - a guy I know ended up in the abandoned dental hospital in Parkville, and some of the things they found and shot there? Absolutely amazing...

Chris M
01-18-2010, 02:31 PM
new images + small blog entry (one of many in a series about china):
http://chris-molina.blogspot.com/2010/01/tian-zi-fang-shanghai.html (http://chris-molina.blogspot.com/2010/01/tian-zi-fang-shanghai.html)

unwound floors
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Very nicely done! I love that you mentioned Final Fantasy in that post - I remember playing FFVIII as a teenager into the wee hours of the morning, and a lot of those shots remind me of the cities and strange places in it...

Chris M
01-19-2010, 05:54 AM
thanks for the kind words:) glad to hear someone can also see the contrasting similarities with the final fantasy theme.

happy shooting!

//\/\/
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nutts2020/sets/72157623243997754/

from new york

Andrea
01-26-2010, 07:35 AM
very nice photos!
the art deco rats are cute
but my favourite is the heart of new york

//\/\/
01-27-2010, 04:45 AM
thank you for saying! the heart only came out when i started mucking about with the shot in flickr - a nice accident...

Andrea
01-27-2010, 09:03 AM
cool... I had similar "problem" with my HP scanner a few years ago
I love nice miracles like that :)

//\/\/
01-27-2010, 01:48 PM
this wasn't a problem - you can make quite a few level adjustments in flickr - that photo was originally in colour - it's the sun shining through the bulb that makes the heart! but it was miraculous when it appeared :)

Andrea
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
yeah I know what you mean, my life is full of miraculous coincidences like this, in fact it´s of frequent occurrence (with or without computers) and it´s not only because I´m observant or have a lively imagination :)

//\/\/
01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
stemmer det!

Andrea
01-30-2010, 04:40 AM
"....& there are more wild animals in the head than in the bushes...."
I love that one!
...and each language forms another dimension like layers in Photoshop :D

Chris M
02-06-2010, 12:50 AM
finally got around to re-doing the old photo portfolio... you can almost grasp a good chunk of my adventures in the last year or so:)

http://molina-photo.blogspot.com/

//\/\/
02-13-2010, 12:56 PM
what a busy (and lucky) boy - excellent stuff!

Chris M
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
annoyingly, i've realized the site layout was not actually the best for presentation, back to the drawing board as they say:mad:

//\/\/ i really enjoy the mood in this shot, was this all natural lighting? -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nutts2020/4289232428/in/set-72157623243997754/

//\/\/
02-18-2010, 04:24 AM
thanks - pleased you like it! from what i remember, it's indoor lighting - but i tweaked some levels using the flickr editing tools to make it b&w and adjust the contrast...

Chris M
02-23-2010, 02:08 PM
those flickr tools are pretty robust for being fairly minimal. i think picassa has something similar to that extent.

here is another updated series from my recent trip to china:

http://chris-molina.blogspot.com/2010/02/china-unleashed.html

TheBang
02-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Those are nice pictures, Chris. I'll be going to China in 3 months, but I don't think my pics will be as nice as yours.

//\/\/
03-04-2010, 08:42 AM
really nice photos - love that umbrella/roof/floor thing!

Chris M
03-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Those are nice pictures, Chris. I'll be going to China in 3 months, but I don't think my pics will be as nice as yours.

oh that's fantastic news! you'll definitely be in a better weather season than my trip... it was absurdly freezing to the point of being quite unpleasant.

whereabouts will you be visiting?

taking "good" pictures is all relative, really. though, it certainly helps to have simple fundamentals like composition and lighting in mind when snapping a shot. just about everyone is a photographer these days, so it all comes down to what kind of story you are trying to tell. i think //\/\/ has demonstrated that well with his source images and post touch ups with simple flickr tools. so again, just ask yourself the right questions while shooting (and in post) and things may begin to shape accordingly.

latest shots:

calvin harris + burns... god i feel old. these are the latest dj's sweeping the dance floors, or so i'm told.
http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2010/03/interview-calvin-harris-and-burns.html#more

phantogram, these guys rule! enough said.
http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/phantogram-mtheory-records.html

Jafs
03-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Phantogram's first shot of the record shop is really really nice :)

//\/\/
03-16-2010, 05:29 AM
i just done made a photosite (http://www.wix.com/nutts2020/sightlines-and-visions) in under an hour - pretty intuitive place and quite fun :)

Sean
04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Just got back from a Vegas road trip that included a swing through Death Valley National Park. I put a bunch of pictures up from the park here (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1789785/).

Enjoy!

Andrea
04-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Beautiful!!!
Thank you

Chris M
05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Massive Attack! - I'm really pleased how these backstage & live photos tunred out. Hope you dig them too... also, check out the interview link if you've got some extra time to kill:)

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/massive-attack-wmartina-topley-brid-wiltern-.html

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2010/05/interview-martina-topley-bird.html

unwound floors
05-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Massive Attack! - I'm really pleased how these backstage & live photos tunred out. Hope you dig them too... also, check out the interview link if you've got some extra time to kill:)

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/massive-attack-wmartina-topley-brid-wiltern-.html

http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2010/05/interview-martina-topley-bird.html

Oh, man, nice photos! (They were here in Melbourne a few months ago... would have done awful things for the chance to properly photograph them!)

//\/\/
05-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Just got back from a Vegas road trip that included a swing through Death Valley National Park. I put a bunch of pictures up from the park here (http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/1789785/).

Enjoy!

very much enjoyed!

Andrea
08-28-2010, 03:36 AM
I´m not a pro as you know but I love to paint, especially water and sky, so I use to take photos to paint of. Last Thursday night, on the way home from a company event, I finally shot the "Moon In Water" pic I was looking for for years.
With the new album and the "Moon In Water" track in mind I thought you would like it :)
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/113/l_83f276f6d9f44e2ca44691bd0a94fab3.jpg

I saw Sean likes to photograph rocks so for all of you who like cliffs and rocks I found a very cool place, just an hour drive from Livorno along the coastline, where the rocks look like cheese :)
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/141/l_7b1485cbf7c74e8ea80d3aa135c9aff6.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/129/l_cf86742c8f0c4a1cbf535a52c68d5e72.jpg

btw... Livorno is a funny place
apropos colourful down-pipes for the falling whatever that comes out of the window:D
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/128/l_ef5470a723c04a598053a87ee4118481.jpg

//\/\/
09-02-2010, 04:15 PM
fantastic m.o.w shot!

//\/\/
09-08-2010, 04:23 AM
i'm loving the range of photo apps for iphone4 - makes train journey's pass nicely...

here's kylie (http://twitpic.com/2lwqoi) posing for the uw cover gig!

unwound floors
09-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Oh, yeah - I uploaded a couple of rolls worth of film shots back in June, in case anybody's interested! http://flickr.com/photos/unwoundfloors

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4814315876_13402f9d99.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4813655767_3cb0e8dd1c.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4814145514_877041e639.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4813696015_d963d5f6bd.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4814132846_8f96341813.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4813500825_c2e388d070.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4813492887_5a761c3283.jpg

And the result of some dicking around in Photoshop - typographic art with lyrics from Dirty Epic here: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4915067559_50038e7d23_b.jpg

Chris M
10-13-2010, 11:48 AM
i finally got around to redoing the old photo portfolio site... stop by if you have some time to kill. i'm looking forward to adding underworld shots at the end of the month:)

http://auburnsky.net/photosite/index.html

Andrea
10-13-2010, 01:03 PM
not so I have much time to kill but very nice pictures from China :)

Chris M
11-02-2010, 12:51 PM
they're done! i put a lot of heart and soul into these photos... hope you all enjoy them:
http://auburnsky.net/photosite/underworld.html

Underworld photos from the San Diego gig, posting this link here in case it gets buried in the other thread.

negative1
04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
i take photo's from time to time...
never really posted any...

well this girl i'm seeing now is a model,
and we're going to do a photoshoot in a park
just for fun.... i've helped a friend in the past
shooting models.. but i'm going to try on my own..

here's the pictures i helped him out with (holding
reflectors, adjusting lights, etc):
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74279586@N00/sets/72157626319902917/

the location is a rose park... here's some test shots
of it:
=====================================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74279586@N00/sets/72157626444615118/

i'll actually be using 2 cameras..
---------------------------------------------
35mm nikon - film
canon 12 megapixel - digital

also will be shooting some video for another project..

i'll post something once i've got it sorted out..

later

negative1
04-07-2011, 01:47 PM
ok, here are some of the digital shots taken
on the model shoot i took at the park today..

the print shots are being developed..
we ran a little short of time at the end.
but we'll do a lot more next time...

i'm an amateur, so you'll see shadows
on the face.. out of focus shots, non-centered..etc..
live and learn..

slideshow:
========
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74279586@N00/sets/72157626450231312/

later

Andrea
04-08-2011, 10:22 AM
I don´t know what to say... I love the pictures of Karl more :D

damn, I sound like a groupie
...a what?!!?

negative1
04-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I don´t know what to say... I love the pictures of Karl more :D

damn, I sound like a groupie
...a what?!!?

i'm guessing you already saw all
the pictures from the last tour?
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9073467@N02/sets/72157625277040214/

i didn't take them..

i did take video from the new york show 2010,
but i was pretty far back..

later

Andrea
04-16-2011, 03:37 AM
no I haven´t seen them, at least not all of them

but I have seen this video
many times
especially the part from around 1:35 makes me feel like.... like hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFe9LqOV0s

rayray
04-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I finally started a group on flickr, after a few years of contributing to others, small but hope that it grows in size as word gets out about the new performing arts center at steelstacks....if UW wants to come play in another concrete box by a river I've got just the place for them...wink, wink.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1646974@N20/

i'm fac_610 - the other guy is a much better photographer!

negative1
04-26-2011, 09:09 AM
here's a preview of some of the
area near the shoot i'll be doing later on today..

these were shot at night, in the downtown hartford area:
========================================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74279586@N00/sets/72157626459273503/

later

//\/\/
04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
(excellent new iphone panorama-stitching app - photosynth - does a beautiful job, easy and quick - see results at photosynth.net )

negative1
05-05-2011, 07:38 AM
ok, here's a sampling of
shots from the photoshoot
i took with my friend:
---------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74279586@N00/sets/72157626528320361/

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5145/5689792901_7360994d40_z.jpg

later

negative1
07-09-2011, 08:36 PM
did another photoshoot with
my friend at the rose park again..
we're doing the 'natural'-no makeup look..
full link when i'm done..

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3001/img5333crops.jpg

later

Andrea
07-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I know,

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/149/82c452cf5e63447e91fbd4e76e23b6d1/l.jpg

I know,

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/1b1bdeb3e6e8435f8898f22e452076ab/l.jpg

I know

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/118/e2a3c73b943b4f83aa60da9f0b265a7a/l.jpg

above the earth
its a beautiful thing
everybody's a beautiful thing...

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/0df27a4ec78444408dafa9377e119e20/l.jpg

Andrea
07-13-2011, 02:34 PM
...like i feel you. like i feel you. like i feel you. like i feel you

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/123/c3ea842f946c45139518c55881de3fea/l.jpg

negative1
07-14-2011, 04:47 PM
ok, here's a link
to the pics i took at
the park last week..
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/628/img5264csfix.jpg

----
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74279586@N00/sets/72157627196727942/show/

later

negative1
07-16-2011, 04:54 PM
alright,
the summer fun goes on and on..

this time.. (funny how someone mentioned this earlier,
life just works out that way sometimes)....

so instead of a 'traditional swimsuit' shoot..
i decided to go back to what i know..

now, i have never bought a sports illustrated
swimsuit magazine, or anything like that.. i
never had a poster(parents were too conservative)..

i've only looked at a few 'vogue', and artsy type magazines
in the past.... my favorite model was cindy crawford, and
i used to see her mentioned a lot..

so going back to Sports illustrated and other famous models
from the 70's, cheryl tiegs, 80's farrah fawcett 90's paulina porzikova ..
we decided to try to recreate some vintage poses, with an updated
outfit..

anyways, here's the shots/poses we were going for:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4478/swimsuitss.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------
1)sports illustrated 1971 - walking pose with a sarong
2)sports illustrated 1984 - paulina in pink
3)sports illustrated 1991 - hands behind back/white outfit
4) poster 1976 - farrah fawcett

we decided not to go to a beach, but instead
there was a nearby reservoir that had a lot
of nice locales ...

here's a teaser of the hands behind the back pose:
--------------------------
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/511/img5494rcsf.jpg

not quite farrah
----------------------
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2856/img5460csfix2poster.jpg

walking in a towel
--------------------------
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2954/img5449rcscover.jpg

pretty in pink
-------------
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4083/img5562csfixcover.jpg

later

Andrea
07-19-2011, 06:05 AM
your early pictures make me think of rococo, romanticism etc. while the latest ones make me think of mannerism

Andrea
07-22-2011, 03:37 PM
The other day I took a walk at my favorite place that I never go to without my camera. Mostly because I never know what I´ll find among those
several hundred years old apple trees whose roots are still living on earth from De Norum Anno 1311 and has been seen by Swedish kings
back in the 1690's.
For many years this place has been empty and uninhabited so I used to say a silent "hello" to this charming building every morning and evening when I passed by with a smile, just because it used to look at me so irresistible with its opened arms of 300 year old linden trees saying: Save me!
One day, before it got new owners, I came to visit and went almost teary-eyed from there. Besides preserved rooms on the ground floor some playful homeowners have decorated and furnished the entire upper floor of the theme of an English Pub.
Even the new owners are proud of it.

I still watch the shifting seasons around this wooden castle and try to capture its beauty on photographs but lately I saw something that is only a few
have witnessed.
During my walk I heard something that first sounded like a distant lightning, followed by a loud cracking sound in slow motion. The next moment
I saw a giant fall down. It was an old dying tree. Have you ever seen a tree dying in a natural way? Have you ever heard the sound of it?
It was sad and tragic and epic and magnificent!

But if you ask me where I find the true tragedy and sadness that represents the end of the world for me, I would probably say that it is on the top floor preserved in one of Sweden's few surviving Caroline wooden castles from the 17th century.

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/c048540ad2024cd0ad25c1868332ee3e/l.jpg

http://www.noorsslott.se/bilder%2Dinomhus__1053.html

Andrea
07-23-2011, 04:46 AM
... and the pictures

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/148/7ca683a71ed84a59b9b90b9ae6e42b29/l.jpg

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/123/851522d304924250a11b170bc4923726/l.jpg

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/150/d6d8b59baac34d0da8e51d53d194545e/l.jpg

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/151/d832fd89e56c49d5b38645cc57c7d9ba/l.jpg

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/9ffeb98223ee43aa8606a37d7829a6de/l.jpg

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/119/3963253277554da097d7c3812b3c81bd/l.jpg

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/150/7582ca5ab12746f192df8c53c78fa2f1/l.jpg

negative1
09-21-2011, 11:13 PM
my friend and i having fun
with a blonde wig...

going a little retro
with fishnet stockings and a
garter belt
=======
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/991/img6053crmods3.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3382/img6076rsmod2.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8079/img6094cmods2.jpg

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8079/img6149crsmod2c.jpg

yowza!

later

negative1
09-23-2011, 12:15 AM
just finished putting together
a book of photo's
with her... using blurb.com
===================
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5899/ashleyportraits2.jpg

her birthday's coming up,
so i thought she would enjoy it..

we both have been having a lot of
fun making it..

later

dubman
10-05-2011, 11:09 PM
i set this one up recently (http://supercollapse.tumblr.com/)

/

negative1
10-14-2011, 12:43 AM
here's the latest set i took with
her in a blue indian dress:
===================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74279586@N00/sets/72157627890111216/show/

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8963/img6573csb1.jpg

later

Andrea
10-14-2011, 10:03 AM
I love this one :)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsxbb3q2rh1qmaxymo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1318698113&Signature=KeTNW%2Fv%2Bz%2Bit0VwPyzIaUlNJ2Z0%3D

negative1
12-23-2011, 05:42 PM
peace on earth, and goodwill towards man:

peace on earth, and goodwill to man:
------------------------------------
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5632/img7085s.jpg

later

gazFollet
02-23-2012, 09:50 AM
I know,

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/149/82c452cf5e63447e91fbd4e76e23b6d1/l.jpg

I know,

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/1b1bdeb3e6e8435f8898f22e452076ab/l.jpg

I know

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/118/e2a3c73b943b4f83aa60da9f0b265a7a/l.jpg

above the teenforum (http://www.teenbar.net/showthread.php?613-teen-bat)
its a beautiful thing

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/0df27a4ec78444408dafa9377e119e20/l.jpg

wow black and white is definitely a plus. Sometimes I wonder if black and white is harder for a professional photographer though

Andrea
02-23-2012, 10:14 AM
What is that "teenforum" thing?
My original post was:

above the earth
its a beautiful thing

...just wonder

froopy seal
02-24-2012, 01:22 AM
^^ It strongly suggests that gazFolly is a spammer.

Andrea
02-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I didn't know spammers could register on this forum