PDA

View Full Version : UW London 17.18.19 Oct

BeautifulBurnout
08-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Well I think I found a funky venue for the Dirty Meet, unless anyone has any better ideas

Bar Vinyl (http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/bar-vinyl-info-25869.html)

10 mins or so from the venue, and they have a RECORD STORE IN THE BASEMENT!!

As long as someone can explain to Leon what a vinyl is, all is cool :D

Dirty0900
08-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Im along for the 17 but might not be able to meet, no idea of what my plans are with the people im going with. I dont arrive in London till 4ish anyway.

crazysugarboy
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
I'll be there:) I'm gonna take holiday that week so will be up in London plenty early

Dirty0900
09-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Woop!

Tickets dispatched today :D

ndrwrld
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
October 19.
phase 1...
BB, rhyss and i @ the Roundhouse, hopefully to meet a shitload of dirts, and Karl and Rick and Darren.:p

phase 2...
FABRIC birthday weekend featuring, in the main room, Adam Freeland, Plump dj's ( who've yet to hit Canada ), Kkrafty Kuts, and others.:eek:

holey !
ok, the dirty meet list for the 19th ( and 3rd show ) starts here.

ndrwrld
09-08-2007, 12:26 PM
rhyss = samralh.
oops....different screen names, different boards.

potatobroth
09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
due to sheer dumb luck, I'll be attending the Roundhouse show on the 19th! I'd love to meet up with you all.

BeautifulBurnout
09-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Superb! :D

big screen satellite
09-19-2007, 01:13 AM
i'm in for the 17th...

obviously...

crazysugarboy
09-19-2007, 01:42 AM
I'll be there for all 3 nights:)

big screen satellite
09-19-2007, 06:44 AM

hardcore

i wish i could really...

just seeing them again will be fun-tastic

King of Snake
09-19-2007, 08:51 AM
I'll be there
in your house
eating your foods

BufoBufo
09-20-2007, 10:21 AM
17th for me. Have to dig out some Botox so I can bring the old Second Toughest T back to life, plus forge myself a diabetes certificate to skirt round the Roundhouse tapwater mark-up ;) Is that Bar Vinyl any good then?

Geo
09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Man, me too :D

Can't wait!!!

Lx_Nen
09-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Got tickets for the first 2 nights, looking for 3rd but without ridiculous booking and 'transaction' fees. The venue has them, but only for seats upstairs.

Dirty0900
09-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Mmm, i crash land in to London on the 17th at 5pm, meet my friend and her flatmate and then off to the gig pretty much, probably get some grub before hand. So looking forward to this, my birthday is on the 19th so its gonna be an awesome warm up to iy. Just hoping im not to jetlagged from holiday:)

ndrwrld
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
-where is the Dirty meet ?:confused:

- what time will the 19th show end ?
( not that i'd ever want it to):p

- what time does Fabric open ? close ? who's coming ? :p

BeautifulBurnout
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
-where is the Dirty meet ?:confused: - The Vinyl Bar - linky in this thread.

- what time will the 19th show end ? - Prolly about 11pm I would imagine
( not that i'd ever want it to):p

- what time does Fabric open ? close ? who's coming ? :p - 10 til 6am or so. Me! and Geo and King of Snake, so far. :)

Dirty0900
09-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Umm...more things to ask about the Roundhouse

How far away is it from the Chalkfarm tube?

Is there a cloakroom to put bags in etc? I'll be travelling down with a small bag of supplies and don't fancy dancing with a bag on my shoulders!

BeautifulBurnout
09-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Umm...more things to ask about the Roundhouse

How far away is it from the Chalkfarm tube?

Is there a cloakroom to put bags in etc? I'll be travelling down with a small bag of supplies and don't fancy dancing with a bag on my shoulders!

Map here... (http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=528297&y=184302&z=0&sv=NW1+8EH&st=2&pc=NW1+8EH&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf)

I would imagine they will have a cloakroom, yeah.

Dirty0900
09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Map here... (http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=528297&y=184302&z=0&sv=NW1+8EH&st=2&pc=NW1+8EH&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf)

I would imagine they will have a cloakroom, yeah.

Cheers Jaynee.

Doesn't look like we'll have to go through dodgy backstreets to get there.

crazysugarboy
09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
- what time does Fabric open ? close ? who's coming ? :p

I'll tag along also if there's a gang of you going - it'll be my first visit (do you need membership??) - you can sing "happy birthday" to me @ one second past midnight (if you like:o )

BeautifulBurnout
09-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I'll tag along also if there's a gang of you going - it'll be my first visit (do you need membership??) - you can sing "happy birthday" to me @ one second past midnight (if you like:o )

\o/ Another Dirty Birthday at a UW gig! Last year it was King of Snake at Cocoon (and the band played KoS at two minutes past midnight too!)

You don't need membership for Fabric, but it is always best to buy tix in advance to avoid seriously silly queues. £15 on a Friday night.

Linky (http://www.fabriclondon.com/club/listings.php)

Just tab down to the 19th and click on the associated link.

crazysugarboy
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
\o/ Another Dirty Birthday at a UW gig! Last year it was King of Snake at Cocoon (and the band played KoS at two minutes past midnight too!)

You don't need membership for Fabric, but it is always best to buy tix in advance to avoid seriously silly queues. £15 on a Friday night.

Linky (http://www.fabriclondon.com/club/listings.php)

Just tab down to the 19th and click on the associated link.

Many cheers janie/bb - have just ordered fabric ticket - this promises to be a totally mad autumn - it's already started.. the mini shivers while you walk to the bus stop.. the smokey-smell of freshly fallen leaves....

TheBang
10-08-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1571402/20071008/underworld.jhtml

"Hyde says a live web television broadcast is in the works for their three-day London stand from the Roundhouse, October 17-19."

ndrwrld
10-10-2007, 02:56 PM
can anyone please buy 2 tickets to Fabric nightclub for the 19th for me please ! ! !
TICKETWEB is saying they have no tickets.
please email me at ndrwrld@hotmail.com if you've found anywhere that has 2 tickets, and i will get ahold of you to confirm to buy...i will repay you at the pre dirty meet that Friday, and generously make this up to you !

BeautifulBurnout
10-11-2007, 08:02 AM
can anyone please buy 2 tickets to Fabric nightclub for the 19th for me please ! ! !
please email me at ndrwrld@hotmail.com if you've found anywhere that has 2 tickets, and i will get ahold of you to confirm to buy...i will repay you at the pre dirty meet that Friday, and generously make this up to you !
Just mailed your missus about this on Facebook. They are not selling any more advanced tickets for this by the look of things. Which would mean queuing on the night. I will try and phone them this evening to see if there is any other way of doing it.

BeautifulBurnout
10-14-2007, 08:05 AM
After much discussion with a fellow Dirt, the best venue for the pre-gig Dirty Meets seems to be The Enterprise (http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/17/1764/Enterprise/Chalk_Farm) pub which is directly opposite Chalk Farm Tube Station.

See you there from 7pm onwards! :D

ndrwrld
10-14-2007, 09:07 AM
for these dates, what time do doors open ?
opening dj ?

Dirty0900
10-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Will probably not be able to make it for a dirtymeet. Meeting a friend up and we need a mega catch up, will be our last time seeing each other for a while to.

However, will be there in my dirtyshirt, brown three quarter lengths and black trainers. Come and say hi!

gaborez
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
jono gaborez (finally) reporting for duty all 3 nites. hope to see some of you guys there :)

twicezero
10-15-2007, 12:54 PM
I'll be there after work on Thursday, though non of you lot know me.
Happy to meet for a pint beforehand, like.

I'm wishing now that I'd bought Wednesday or Friday tickets as well, those ones on ebay look tempting. Anyone want to share a pair of wednesday tickets?

Dirty0900
10-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Woop, setting off in 30mins to get my train. So excited about this gig.

As i said, wont be able to come to dirtymeet, but i shall have my dirtyshirt on. Feel free to awkwardly come and say hi to me. I am currently sporting lots of fuzzy facial fluff.

:)

big screen satellite
10-17-2007, 02:20 AM
laaahndaan, baby

as we say down here....

not to rub, it in but i'll be setting off at 6:30 tonight for this gig :p

Tiger
10-17-2007, 02:56 AM
As i said, wont be able to come to dirtymeet, but i shall have my dirtyshirt on. Feel free to awkwardly come and say hi to me. I am currently sporting lots of fuzzy facial fluff.

same for me but no beard :D

big screen satellite
10-17-2007, 06:25 AM
tonight, if you see me

i'll be sporting a red addidas classics top - with 'London' on the back and a London City scape scene on the front

you can't miss it...

come say hi if you don't already know me...

TheBang
10-17-2007, 09:04 AM
come say hi if you don't already know me...
Those who do already know him . . . stay the hell away!

matty303
10-17-2007, 12:46 PM

For those heading to fabric on friday try and make friends with a fabric first member (also queue via the tickets queue) as they can get 1 guest in via this queue as it'l beat the normal paying queue. Unfortunately the guest still pays normal door price while the member pays a reduced entry fee.

mmm skyscraper
10-17-2007, 01:33 PM
It would be awesome if on night 3 if they did not play anything from the previous 2 nights. That would be an interesting tracklisting.

ndrwrld
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
packed and ready to party.
fabric membership has been purchased, so my gf and i are good to go.
Brilliant show tonight, boys !
see you Friday.
we'll be the touristy like couple with the OMG looks on our faces.
see y'all at the dirty meet at the Enterprise.
ENGAGE.

samralh
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I am at a loss for words right now.

I don't even want to think about this trip because then I won't sleep.

See you all soon!!!

polar_action
10-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Dundee man back safe in yorkshire :o)

Great show... Crowd started off a wee bit slow i thought but got into it after a few songs.

Great to meet everyone and I hope everyone going to the Thurs and Friday shows has a top top time.

Much thanks to BB for hospitality and half a spag bol ;) (and tea and bacon roll)

Had my moment during nuxx... didn't want the beats to stop... i was lost in them for a bit.

//\/\/
10-18-2007, 01:10 AM
cracking performance - best i've seen for years (first since mr price joined) - they're way way better as a threesome, that's all i can conclude!

loved the inflatables, though karl's jacket... hmmmm....

nice of darren to do a quick signing session by the cd stand as well...

wish to hell i was going on friday too - good to briefly see what dirts i saw - sorry to lose you all - we lost the people we'd only just met at the venue, so pretty poor at finding anyone! loved the venue, though you had to get pretty far forward before the sound got up

superb stuff anyway!

(san - were you in the front row? sure i spotted you on the big screen when karl was doing the kamera thing)

BeautifulBurnout
10-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Woop, setting off in 30mins to get my train. So excited about this gig.

Bugger. I am sure we saw you in the lift at Chalk Farm tube, but I forgot what you said about the beard. The person that said "nice shirt - are you going to the gig?" would have been Polar Action. How silly is that, that I didn't recognise ya! :rolleyes:

Polar-Action: sorry I enticed you with dinner then made you stop eating it half way through. :p Needs must when Southern Rail and Easy Jet fall in the wrong configuration. Glad you got back safely.

//\/\/: Great to see you even if it was only for a nano-second. Was confused by your post and thought you were coming Friday night, so was a nice surprise. :)

Had a great night - looking forward to tonight now. Woohoo!

twicezero
10-18-2007, 04:41 AM
I'll be there tonight in a dark red 'I am made of poison' shirt and shorts + converse hi tops.

say hullo, jump around a bit

//\/\/
10-18-2007, 09:07 AM
this was also my first ever gig since the smoking ban was introduced - it was a bit strange in that sense - the strongest smell all night was pizza and garlic!!!

Dirty0900
10-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Bugger. I am sure we saw you in the lift at Chalk Farm tube, but I forgot what you said about the beard. The person that said "nice shirt - are you going to the gig?" would have been Polar Action. How silly is that, that I didn't recognise ya! :rolleyes:

Polar-Action: sorry I enticed you with dinner then made you stop eating it half way through. :p Needs must when Southern Rail and Easy Jet fall in the wrong configuration. Glad you got back safely.

//\/\/: Great to see you even if it was only for a nano-second. Was confused by your post and thought you were coming Friday night, so was a nice surprise. :)

Had a great night - looking forward to tonight now. Woohoo!

Aye that was me in the lift like. I would have asked more questions/said hello but never clicked.

Thought the show was awesome and the best i've seen them. Only annoyance for me personally was the start stop nature of it. I was expecting a little bit more mixing between the songs, but i dont care! I couldnt fucking do it! Now just waiting for the gig CD to arrive. Anyone have a rip of the webcast?

twicezero
10-19-2007, 05:57 AM
If they didn't stop between tracks, how would they get the thing to span 2 cds? *grin*

//\/\/
10-19-2007, 06:43 AM
Only annoyance for me personally was the start stop nature of it. I was expecting a little bit more mixing between the songs, but i dont care!

(be grateful you didn't see them before they got another darren in... )

Dirty0900
10-19-2007, 07:20 AM
If they didn't stop between tracks, how would they get the thing to span 2 cds? *grin*

Hmm i thought that was why, but surely they'll be a point where a mixed in track would easily be id'd as a new track.A la Cups in to Push Upstairs on the EE DVD/CD Im not complaining like, still a fucking awesome show.

BeautifulBurnout
10-19-2007, 08:19 AM
*Dirty Meet*

Very very sad news about the band tonight. My heart goes out to them. :(

I know some people have come a hell of a way for this, so we should try and get together anyway. I will still be meeting up with some people at the Enterprise between 7.30 - 8.30 or so where we can organise a Plan B, if anyone else wants to join us. We are planning on going to Fabric later tonight. For those with no advance tickets, maybe we could move on to a pub/bar near there so that people can buy tix at the box-office after 9pm.

The Enterprise is right opposite the Roundhouse - come out of Chalk Farm tube and look to your left and you will see it. Hope to see you there.

samralh
10-19-2007, 08:51 AM
jane - we need a phone number. Please PM me or facebook me.

IF ANYONE KNOWS JANES NUMBER, PM ME!!!!

ndrwrld
10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
^ relax my love...it's too late now.

back home, beaten and broken ( http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/showthread.php?t=139381) (http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/showthread.php?t=139381)
)
please dont kill this ( MODERATOR ) as it kinda links to another forum.

i wept friday night. alone and cold, clutching my girlfriend, wondering what to do next. my aural gods have fallen ill. the distance we've travelled doesnt matter anymore. we must have fun. and we did.
after hearing Adam Freeland, Krafty Kuts, and Atomic Hooligan, things seemed okay, somewhat complete. but not really.
( part of me begged Terry to play any of his remixes of UW, but i wasnt going to ask him ).

lots of pics and sideways video to post in the next day or two.
all the Dirts i met...i love you. you took away my pain of the cancellation by filling my head with so much fun. hugs and kisses and all kinds of STRONGBOW to everyone ( sorry Geo, i had to ).
tasty, innit ???

to everyone who attended the Thursday night, i envy you all ( YOU HEARD KITTENS ! ! ).

more than ever, Toronto begs UW to visit.

Chris and Sandra.

Tiger
10-26-2007, 06:09 AM
didn't ever get round to writing a quick review of the gig on the 17th so here goes. missed the support due to an argument with the wife over what she'd done with my dirty shirt. can't believe i've lost it...........grrrrrr

anyways like ian first gig since the smoking ban and while it made a pleasant change that for once at a gig i did not feel like one of the oldest members of the audience the odious smells coming from various directions was an unholy connoction of BO, cheesy feet, and farts (or dancefloor bombs as i'm now told they're called). on the flip great to come out not stinking of fags, but i did miss my usual mid gig spliff

more importantly the boys were quality, sure i could moan that i've seen em play more flowing danceable gigs but i really enjoyed the set list. starting off with rez really got me bouncing and i haven't danced that hard for what seems like ages. rowla for me was a particualr high point; and beautiful burnout sounded lush although slightly ruined by the crowd cheering as thou the sond ended just as it kicked back in. loved the inflatable cylinder thingamajigs, and some of the visuals were excellent, although not to sure about the men in a room bits, although the mark knofler one had me LOL.

ndrwrld
10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
jeesh, has it already been a year ?:o
i miss the UK.
and Underworld.

potatobroth
10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
jeesh, has it already been a year ?:o
i miss the UK.
and Underworld.

eww. i read this thread (well this page) as if it was new.
thread: "very sad about the band..."
me: "not again!"

Geo
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
...... and all kinds of STRONGBOW to everyone ( sorry Geo, i had to ).
tasty, innit ???

I had another one in Coco's outback in Amsterdam last month :D
Indeed very tasty :p