PDA

View Full Version : Darc is not on the album ;(

testudo
07-12-2007, 03:11 AM
With Karl's post on UWLive this morning he confirms that darc is not renamed for the album.

I am so very sad... I hope this is a b-side, I would give anything for a studio recording...

a very sad day :(

King of Snake
07-12-2007, 03:34 AM
yes, please Underworld. This track was genius when you played it at HMH in 2005. It's painful to think that such great music exists but isn't released. So yeah, B-side or include it on the next album that hopefully won't take another 5 years to make :eek:

PS. Post nr 1000!!! \o/

Dirty0900
07-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Na!

Fresher the better i say. We have good quality free bootlegs. What more do we need? A Rick, Karl and Darren Price BBQ!

Jason Roth
07-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Na!

Fresher the better i say. We have good quality free bootlegs. What more do we need? A Rick, Karl and Darren Price BBQ!

Amen to that. Quit complaining about an album that you haven't heard, I say.

grady
07-12-2007, 07:28 AM
What more do we need? A Rick, Karl and Darren Price BBQ!

That could be a good time.

BrotherLovesDub
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
would darc be the best b-side of Underworlds career if they stuck it on one of the forthcoming singles?

it would be very close for me between Darc and Oich Oich. nothing else even comes close.

the real stuff
07-12-2007, 09:16 AM
would darc be the best b-side of Underworlds career if they stuck it on one of the forthcoming singles?

it would be very close for me between Darc and Oich Oich. nothing else even comes close.
there's quite a bit of competition there -- Thing in a Book, Dark Train, Born Slippy .NUXX, ...

I'm with the second crowd. that's one more track on the album I haven't heard yet that I've to look forward to. I'd rather it all be new stuff.

BrotherLovesDub
07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
ah, i guess i don't count Dark Train or Nuxx as b-sides but i guess technically that were.

i'm thrilled to hear the new ones too.

btw, the video someone posted earlier is a bit of Glam Bucket i'm pretty sure. i'll dig up the link.

patrick
07-12-2007, 11:37 AM
well also, remember how there are lots of songs in their carreer that are called different things but have a lot in common in terms of the sound...

darc could have morphed into a track on the albumn and they call it something else...

is there a better / different version of darc than the amsterdamn 2005 one? I am SOOOO out of date with all these tracks. i don't think i have heard all these things either... just always loved a film and darc and 'you do scribble'

King of Snake
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I think darc was played at one or two shows besides Amsterdam, but I don't know about recordings. Anyway the Amsterdam one is pretty damn good since it's soundboard :)
For All These Things you'd have to track down a recording of the Cocoon gig, which should be not too hard to find since it was broadcast officially trough DR.

change
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Trust the guys' taste in music. It's their album and they want it to be the best album possible. If they chose not to include Darc the rest of the album must be even better!

Subjectivity is arguable, I know, but I have faith they know what they're doing and that we'll see Darc before too long. They know we want it. :)

big screen satellite
07-16-2007, 08:03 AM
well if you read the interviews about how the album comes about it sounds like they changed the tracklisting right up to the last minute... its not easy compiling an album that flows with over 180 trackss to choose from i guess...

Darc probably didnt fit the 'mood'

whatever is on the album is what 'should' be on the album... these guys have been making music longer than most of us have been listening to it, so lets just leave it to them until it comes around....

then we can complain like some people feel the need to...

patrick
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
i think it's human nature to complain about something... like actually searching for something to complain about just for the heck of it

King of Snake
07-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I think some people were just expressing their dissapointment that this great track was not on the album. It's not "complaining" in my view but whatever.

Also I find the argument that "they've been making music for so long and know what's best" a bit silly really. I mean, obviously it's their music and they can do whatever the hell they want with it, but that doesn't mean it's neccesarily "best". How do you know that some other person compiling tracks wouldn't have resulted in a better album? (I'm just pointing out a hypothetical situation, obviously I haven't heard the album and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be great even without Darc on it). Aren't we all free to form our own opinion?

Dirty0900
07-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Aren't we all free to form our own opinion?

No

We must all think and act the same.

testudo
07-17-2007, 05:03 AM
I wish I never made this post... i depresses me everytime i see a new reply

big screen satellite
07-17-2007, 05:38 AM
its not a case of not being able to voice opinions, of course its good to express feelings about things, but there must be a reason why a track is not on an album

I, personally, was offering up the fact that its Underworld's decision what goes on the album, even if we as fans feel disappointed with missing tracks or the tracks that do appear - it is their work - and they have been working hard on on...

there are tracks on previous albums i don't particulary like, and there are probably tracks i'd have preferred on the albums, but its not our choice... the album has to be Underworld's.

We can express our thoughts, but we're discussing an album that no one has heard or seen, and we're already appearing to be moaning about it.... it kinda depresses me that's all...

crazysugarboy
07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Darc may not (or may be) be on the album (or it may - or may not - appear as a b-side) - we could speculate for years (or at least untill October:eek: ) However, it IS on the webby as a FREE download from the Amsterdam gig - how many bands do that?? Convert it to Apple Lossless and stick it on the iPod and it sounds utterly supreme. The "Im a big sister.." guy with his "..big brown dog...like a spider on my skin.." spoken bit is just utterly magical:)

joethelion
07-17-2007, 01:11 PM
why did you convert it to apple lossless?

you can't "go up" in sound quality, just degrade down

so basically you've got a "lossless copy" of a 128kbps file

Darc may not (or may be) be on the album (or it may - or may not - appear as a b-side) - we could speculate for years (or at least untill October:eek: ) However, it IS on the webby as a FREE download from the Amsterdam gig - how many bands do that?? Convert it to Apple Lossless and stick it on the iPod and it sounds utterly supreme. The "Im a big sister.." guy with his "..big brown dog...like a spider on my skin.." spoken bit is just utterly magical:)

King of Snake
07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
your're right crazysugarboy. (and so is joethelion btw :)) You know it's like I'm thinking of all those people who are not Dirts, when they are going to hear the album they're gonna miss out on Darc because they probably won't download stuff from the website.

its not a case of not being able to voice opinions, of course its good to express feelings about things, but there must be a reason why a track is not on an album

I, personally, was offering up the fact that its Underworld's decision what goes on the album, even if we as fans feel disappointed with missing tracks or the tracks that do appear - it is their work - and they have been working hard on on...

but why say that at all? It's so stating the obvious... plus you could use the same argument in relation to any discussion on Dirty that concerns underworld's music and the content of their albums and liveshows.

BrotherLovesDub
07-17-2007, 02:06 PM
arguing about minutia is what fan sites are all about. no sense telling someone what they can and can't argue about.

i'd like to see Darc on the album. i'd like to just get a studio recording anywhere.

primarily what this confirms for me is, Underworld are in a new peak zone right now. the recent material is incredible and i'm more excited for this album than i have been for any other UW release. rick and karl are operating at the peak of their abilities right now and we should all embrace these days while they last.

big screen satellite
07-17-2007, 02:30 PM
but why say that at all? It's so stating the obvious... plus you could use the same argument in relation to any discussion on Dirty that concerns underworld's music and the content of their albums and liveshows.

yeah i know thats the case, but i sometimes feel that people get down on the band for stuff that they do, or don't do, and its kind of unfair...

i mean - so what if a good track isn't on the album - its not the end of the world, i just appreciate what they do without complaint.

i think sometimes, there is a difference between opinions voiced and comments that come across as moaning (complaining)...

in this hi-tech age in which we live in we've all become to expect a bit too much and forget about the simple things in life, a lot of things are taken for granted... bands like Underworld do actually see and hear what we say now, unlike days of old where you had to write letters to them...

they hear our voices and sometimes i think that they might be a bit let down by some of the negative vibes i feel are voiced here occasionally

i may be wrong, and it may just be me being over protective, but i like to pass judgement on things when they happen and not before - being disappointed about a missing track, before hearing the entire album in context is unfair, imo

nonetheless, debate is good, but i won't pass comment on Darc being on or off the album as being a bad decision until i've heard the finished article...

BrotherLovesDub
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
well put matt.

i can see both sides but i think at this point, it's better to wait and see.

besides, we all know the Japanese release will have Darc on it

;)

King of Snake
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM
well put matt.

i can see both sides but i think at this point, it's better to wait and see.

besides, we all know the Japanese release will have Darc on it

;)

yes, it was announced on teletext last week ;)

Leon
07-18-2007, 02:42 AM
primarily what this confirms for me is, Underworld are in a new peak zone right now. the recent material is incredible and i'm more excited for this album than i have been for any other UW release. rick and karl are operating at the peak of their abilities right now and we should all embrace these days while they last.

I feel the same way. Although at the same time I don't wanna get my hopes up too high.

Darc on the album would've been great because I think it shares a bit of similarity with All These Things, and then I mean the melodic vocals by Karl and a repitive, driving synthsound.

In the end, I can be happy with the live recording of the track, which is in decent quality and free to download for everyone. I mean, free music!

//\/\/
07-18-2007, 03:41 AM
in this hi-tech age in which we live in we've all become to expect a bit too much and forget about the simple things in life

so LIVE AND LET DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE....!!!! :cool: :D

Dirty0900
07-18-2007, 03:53 AM
Remember, most people on here are pretty intense fans. A lot of people with a mild interest in UW will not know about the RiverRun stuff as it never got that much press and promtion. The UWlive stuff as well is something for the fan who wants a little bit more. If i wasn't in to as UW as much i wouldnt be none the wiser. I'm sure other acts like Massive Attack,The Chemical Bro's have fans just as wanting as UW fans for stuff but they can't cater for the hardcore fan!

testudo
07-18-2007, 05:31 AM
"Loads of Birds"... I wish it was "Loads of DARC"

crazysugarboy
07-18-2007, 11:29 AM
why did you convert it to apple lossless?

you can't "go up" in sound quality, just degrade down

so basically you've got a "lossless copy" of a 128kbps file

You're right, of course, joethelion - I just happen to be obsesed with quality, and am a bit stupid regarding computor/audio/file thingeys:eek: In my defence, I repair 17th century documents for a living, whereby methods and materials employed have to be of archival quality.

BrotherLovesDub
07-18-2007, 11:45 AM
In my defence, I repair 17th century documents for a living, whereby methods and materials employed have to be of archival quality.

oh shit! you can help Beautiful Burnout restore her birth certificate! problem solved!

BeautifulBurnout
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
oh shit! you can help Beautiful Burnout restore her birth certificate! problem solved!

Oooh you little shit!!!

Good job you prolly won't be making it to Europe this year after all, cos otherwise you would be in dire need of surgery by the time I finished with you! :mad:

;)