PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails

ndrwrld
08-01-2005, 09:52 AM
so...who has seen them this year, and how was it ?....and not with the small venue thing they just did...the arena tour.
tickets for NIN here in Toronto go on sale this coming saturday, and id appreciate any input.

Ally
08-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Absolutely everything I'd hoped for, second only to The Go! Team at T In The Park this year as best gig I've been to.

beh
08-05-2005, 12:31 PM
they were awesome at Coachella a few months ago.

eagerly awaiting 9/30 when they'll be at the Oakland Arena and I have floor tix!

bh

LordBass
08-08-2005, 04:28 PM
We tried to get tix for one of their two Boston shows, but were 45 minutes late and the tix were bye-bye.

Tix for the November show in Boston are on sale in another month. My wife has a big sign written in magic marker in our living room to remember to buy them. :)

I downloaded a live show from earlier this year that sounded quite good. Looking forward to this fall.

Mort
08-08-2005, 05:13 PM
10 more sleeps till the NIN gig in sydney and I must say im looking forward to it. The new album took a few listens but I happy to say its grown on me very nicely.

I'm looking forward to seeing if he still has the raw energy on stage . First saw em back in 95 which is still one of my favourite live performances, after UW BDO03 of course.

ndrwrld
05-03-2008, 10:23 AM
pre sales and normal sales dates have been announced for the 08' tour @ nin.com

Ally
05-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Euro dates plz :)

(although the money I'm gonna be shelling out for a UEFA Cup Final ticket is gonna render me destitute for the remainder of my lifetime....)

Bargo
05-05-2008, 05:26 AM
He's just released another new album free.

:eek::eek::eek:

http://theslip.nin.com/

dubman
05-05-2008, 09:04 AM
yeah and it's rather decent.

better than 'with teeth' anyway.

grady
05-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Quite decent actually, after year zero things seem to moving around a bit for Mr. Reznor.

joethelion
05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
this kinda sucks...

I've tried to get the album TWICE now. First time, submitted my gmail address... second time, my old AOL one

instead of getting download links... I get spam about the "NIN Tour Presale Tickets"

Trenty boy... I see what you're doing

smart

but come on - gimme some music first at least!

grady
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
this kinda sucks...

I've tried to get the album TWICE now. First time, submitted my gmail address... second time, my old AOL one

instead of getting download links... I get spam about the "NIN Tour Presale Tickets"

Trenty boy... I see what you're doing

smart

but come on - gimme some music first at least!

I think they're servers are getting slammed. I submitted my email address at around 6.55am PST this morning and the email didn't show up for about an hour. I ended up grabbing the album off a public tracker to satisfy my need to have the album before catching the bus to work.

ndrwrld
05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
downloaded with zero problems here.
sounds good.

joethelion
05-05-2008, 03:13 PM
well - I finally got the download code, can't wait to hear it.

purlieu
05-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I really enjoy it. Similar to Year Zero in a lot of ways. The second half is eerie and beautiful.

pafufta816
05-12-2008, 09:42 PM
i am very excited that mainstream bands are undermining the ineffectiveness and disproportionate spending of record conglomerates. as consumers we've been let down by an industry that has special interests in the FCC and government policy making in the communications/media sectors.

the end result is that we get force fed the same reprocessed pop music over and over again until it becomes nauseating to turn on your tv or the radio. so why would i spend $20 on an album from a band whose financially well off, when 99% of the profits will go into payola and other irresponsible business decisions.

creative commons liscensing is the future of the worlds artistic cultures. radiohead and nine inch nails get my support.