PDA

View Full Version : DJ Gadget IPod system

lloyd
07-24-2005, 10:00 AM
So you're a DJ?
You have 2 IPods?
You need this (http://www.numark.com/index.html?http://www.numark.com/products/product_view.php?v=overview&n=132) then!

*edit* link fixed
again...

Dirty0900
07-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Dead link!

I'll guess that this is the Numark thing? Ally posted a link to a recent BBC site about the future of Djing and using Ipods was mentioned.

lloyd
07-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Sorry! should work now ;)

TheIncredible
07-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Link still dead mate.

Dirty0900
07-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Here is the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

http://www.numark.com/products/product_view.php?v=overview&n=132

lloyd
07-24-2005, 11:22 AM
*crawls back into batcave*
nevereverever gonna post again..
*sigh*

Tyler
07-24-2005, 03:51 PM
No pitch control. yay for 'not-mixing-is-the-new-mixing' dj's.

Not.

theviirus
07-24-2005, 05:17 PM

Not.
i agree, this is so lame, that DJing with cassettes seems more feasible.

dubnobasswithme
07-24-2005, 06:43 PM

Not.

i agree 100%. you can essentially achieve the same effect by buying a $40 gemini/ numark/etc. 2-channel mixer with a few audio cables :p

it wouldn't look nearly as nice though.

sort of off-topic: aren't some bars doing "ipod dj nights" where a bunch of people bring in their ipods and the bar plays a few tracks off of each? i could see this being good for that. that's all that immediately comes to mind though . . .

Tyler
07-24-2005, 08:17 PM
i agree 100%. you can essentially achieve the same effect by buying a $40 gemini/ numark/etc. 2-channel mixer with a few audio cables :p

it wouldn't look nearly as nice though.

sort of off-topic: aren't some bars doing "ipod dj nights" where a bunch of people bring in their ipods and the bar plays a few tracks off of each? i could see this being good for that. that's all that immediately comes to mind though . . .

yeah I was thinking it'd be good for that too (bar ipod nights). of course i'm pretty sure people are just playing 3 songs in a row off their own ipod, and mixing over to the other ipod isn't really that necessary. In that case you just need a 1/8" plug (is that what the line-out on the ipod is?) coming off the mixer.

Of course this thing looks a lot nicer, and that is actually pretty important, but still it seems kind of like a marketing-before-usefulness kind of thing.

Oh well, everybody has to make money, even numark. Hopefully they use the money from this to fund research into the ultimate kickass dj mixer that I've been dreaming of! :D

the mongoose
07-24-2005, 11:32 PM
you could always do your timestreching (speed change while retaining pitch) before you put the songs on the ipods so that they are mix ready to begin with......but timestreching is not without major limitations itself.:(

sola sistim
07-24-2005, 11:54 PM
all the iPods need now is a crossfade function, and that mixer is no good..

the mongoose
07-25-2005, 09:18 AM
well, if you think about it, it might be good cause you can just load ONE 3 hour long mixed mp3 you did at home on just one of the things and hit 'play' - then everyone will think you're a really super talented mixer but you'll be Milli-Vanillin' it all the way. Ha!:D:D