PDA

View Full Version : Streetrave (Nightmares On Wax et al)

Ally
07-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Can anyone give me a heads up on whether this is something I should go to.. seriously tempted but not overly familiar with all the acts. It's at The Arches (http://www.thearches.co.uk/).

We are delighted to announce the final piece of the jigsaw for the Streetrave 16th Anniversary Party, with 90s Streetrave regulars Nightmares On Wax now confirmed to appear with an Old Skool DJ set.

The duo DJ Ease and The Boy Wonder will deliver a classic set not to be missed, and probably never to be repeated.

Full lineup now reads:

Streetrave 16th Anniversary Party
Saturday 1st October
The Arches, Glasgow

LIVE:
FPI PROJECT (Rich In Paradise. Everybody)
THE BASSHEADS (Is There Anybody Out There?)
TECHNOTRONIC (Pump Up The Jam)
JOE SMOOTH (Promised Land)

DJs:
NIGHTMARES ON WAX (Old Skool DJ Set)
GRAEME PARK (Haçienda)
MIKE PICKERING (MPeople)
JON MANCINI
IAIN 'BONEY' CLARK

Earlybird Tickets priced £15 available now from www.ticketweb.co.uk (http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/)

ndrwrld
07-22-2005, 11:06 AM
i'd SO be there.

TheIncredible
07-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Ally - get your arse there!!!

They held a similar night at the Carling Academy last hmmm.... October and it rocked.

Live acts are very good - with exception of Technotronic (their tracks make me cringe now, but were belters in their days).

The DJ's are top drawer though - Graeme Park was my fave dj in the late 80's early nineties.

Expect a lot of "old skool" punters there i.e. guys like me in their early 30's.:eek:

Fire into my "House Classics" folder on slsk for a flavour of the tunes to expect - you will find FPI, Bassheads in there and in my "Live sets and mixes" folder you will find a few Graeme Park mixes from the Hacienda circa '88 - '91. Nightmares on Wax will play a great set also.:cool:

Highlight of the last Streetrave shindig was Graeme Park playing out two classics - 10 City, Thats the way Love is, and Black Riot feat Todd Terry, A day in the life.

Check it.

Ally
07-22-2005, 11:36 AM
I guess it's decided then. :)

Steve -- you want to come?

TheIncredible
07-22-2005, 12:35 PM
'fraid not China.

I'm in Dublin that weekend with the wife.

Dirty weekend - cannae whack it!

Make sure you go bro'.

Ally
09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
OK the tickets are long past being discoloured from my sweaty little paws.. :) It's this weekend - old skool people, hit me with some old skool tracks to rock my house out to during the night's pre--pre-club-pub drinking session!
Soulseek is primed, I want to get my crew excited.

Ally
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
OK I just put on Pump Up The Jam and had to peel myself off the ceiling.