PDA

View Full Version : beyerdynamic headphones

mkb
07-24-2006, 08:07 AM
these have a cool name, and my ex-cakewalk coworker recommends them.

he's not a dj, so i thought i'd ask some DJs! has anyone used these guys' headphones? any recommended models?

Jan
08-01-2006, 12:01 PM
For less than 100$ those AKGs (http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,186,id,908,pid,908,_language,E N.html) are the way to go.
I'm right now listening to Surfboy with these babies... OMG!!! The bass!!! :D
The clamping force is pretty high, though. You should wear them before you buy them.
I've never heard any beyerdynamic headphones but they are way too expensive for me. Check out this site (http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/all-headphones/) for lots of headphone reviews.

swillhite
08-03-2006, 10:48 PM
I have a pair of Ultrasones that are great. I'd highly recommend giving them a listen.

esaias
08-25-2006, 03:17 AM
I've been a Beyerdynamic user for some years, I've been using DT991, DT990, DT854, DT770.

DT99x series are open is a good buy
DT77x are closed and sound a bit too middleish IMO

I think the Beyer has this smoothed sound on them, you can listen/monitor stuff thru them for hours and hours without ear fatique. They are quite good cans in general and very comfortable to wear. They give nice perception of the sound and are not so crisp (or snappy) as Sennheiser and Sonys are.

BUT!

Then I got to listen Ultrasones and I found them REALLY good! Although they might be difficult to find (I mean locally if you want go and have test-listening) I've put Ultrasones to my have-to-buy-when-enough-cash-list.

I highly recommend to check out the Ultrasones and the top of the line Beyers

-Tomi

esaias
08-25-2006, 03:58 AM
Oh, you want DJ headphones? Then go for Sennheiser HD25.
Ultrasone has DJ as well but I don't know about those, I guess they are as good as rest of their stuff.

-Tomi

Renze
08-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Oh, you want DJ headphones? Then go for Sennheiser HD25.

Seconded. I've had mine for a couple of years now and the sound quality is excellent, they're sturdy, and small. Oh and they isolate outside noise ridiculously well for such small headphones. Just try them out somewhere.

froopy seal
08-25-2006, 09:39 AM
I have the Beyerdynamic DT 860 headphones. Sound is good, clamps are a bit heavy; screening of outside noise isn't too good since they're open but that's no problem for home use. All in all I'm very content with the listening experience. Admittedly, my general knowledge in the vast area of headphones is very limited.

*_*
08-26-2006, 05:30 AM
www.head-fi.org

"Sorry about your wallet!"

chino
09-23-2006, 06:10 PM
no sony here?
I'm about to get sony. Perhaps it's cause there's nothing more here.