PDA

View Full Version : Echo Jams Deconstructed Techno Mix

Professor
06-03-2006, 10:12 AM
www.marshallwatson.net/music/EchoJams.mp3

there is a little blurb about this mix in the UW live thread...but I thought this might warrent it's own.

this mix is completely deconstructed. not one single tune is played in it's entirety. in fact, it is composed mainly of loops from songs, usually running about 8 different tracks at a time from my computer, and a couple over the top of that from biznotic's. so think of it as one huge remix. an elevated mashup (as one friend has said to us). there are lots of little gems to spot in there including: UW, booka shade, st. ettienne, kriss kross, william orbit, alex smoke, alex under, lots of kompakt, lots of get physical, lots of traum, tripple r, all that good shit. one for the techno heads, and one for the audiophiles.

get there.

joethelion
06-03-2006, 02:59 PM
downloading now...

stimpee
06-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Everyone get this while you can. Its really not like anything you will normally hear. Wonderful. See if you can recognise the component pieces.

m.g.
06-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Brilliant. This mix is just brilliant. Magnifique! Thanks for sharing this.

BeautifulBurnout
06-04-2006, 10:24 AM
This is yummy - good work guys. (as always) :)

lukeyd
06-04-2006, 10:28 AM
i love the 'crosses' by jose gonzales sample, which i think you used in smartbombs...?

stimpee
06-04-2006, 10:56 AM
i love the 'crosses' by jose gonzales sample, which i think you used in smartbombs...?yeah, its the jori hulkkonen mix i think. a favourite of biz's.

Professor
06-04-2006, 10:59 AM
yeah, it's hard not to play "crosses" --we both love that song so much...that first pad you hear is actually from sufjan stevens too. sissy rock. i'm happy you all dig it. thanks!! :)