PDA

View Full Version : So did anyone buy Kore?

adam
05-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm assuming not, or you would be here talking about it...?

BrotherLovesDub
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
is that the NI thing? i was just looking at that at RobotSpeak. looks good.

adam
05-25-2006, 05:37 PM
That is the NI thing. I don't think it would be too useful for me, because, plug-in wise, all I'm currently using is Battery 2, Absynth 3 and the VirusControl plug in for my Access Virus. I doubt Kore's browser functions are compatible with the VirusControl, because it has it's own browser, and I'm betting they conflict. My current laptop probably couldn't handle Reactor, and I have neither the money or interest in it, at the moment. It probably is a bit nicer that my BCR-2000 in terms of feel, but it does have far less knobs. The extra audio outputs would be nice, but I think it only has two, so that doesn't justify the cost. So, I'd like one as a toy, but I don't have a practical use for one at this point.

I would like to say that I love Robotspeak. That's where I got my Virus, and the staff there was waaaaaay friendlier than any Vancouver retailer. Plus I phoned them at about four in the afternoon to place my order and I got my synth the very next day. They get first shot at whatever my next purchase may be.

adam
06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
...and, apparently, it's quite buggy. Not sure how reliable that is...the people with problems are always far more vocal than those without.

theviirus
06-22-2006, 05:02 PM
if i want that much control over my music, i will buy hardware. :-)

King of Snake
06-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Kore? No...but i did buy this awesome reverb (http://www.sonictimeworks.com/p_100.php) plugin last week :)
It is sweeeeeet.

maus
07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
kore is a pretty unique product in the recent history of software instruments.

it was billed as largely revolutionary, but it isn't necessarily so for everyone.

there are those people who found kore to be just that, revolutionary, answering needs that they'd had for a LONG time. a lot of film and TV composers in particular have great need for a product like this, even from a software-only standpoint.

for the casual laptop musician, and even more so the 'creature of habit' software musician (myself being the latter), kore's way of working could be divergent, even counter to the ways we're used to working, so it makes less sense. it honestly depends on what you need and what you're looking for.

kore's hardware features are pretty slick, i enjoy those greatly. the knobs feel great, and the audio quality is pretty slick. it's a great bus-powered interface for live use and control surface built in. and the instant hands-on control of everything is pretty cool too.

again, it all depends on what you need. i get mine free so it's not a tough decision for me. :P

cheers,
c

adam
07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
for FREE?!?!?! YOU BASTARD.

i'm just jealous

so....what do you do?

adam
07-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Nevermind, read the profile. I heart your company: own Absynth and Battery. Paid for 'em, too! I'm thinking about buying more with the tenth anniversary specials, too.

Interesting, too...I hadn't thought of Kore's uses for film and TV. That makes more sense to me...searching by descriptors and all that. I can see it being great for that angle.

I'd love to have one, but I can't justify the $$$$.

maus
07-11-2006, 03:55 PM
well i'm glad you're a paying customer. ;)

and yes, kore is great, and intuitive, but it really is a new way of working. personally i see it as either a way you'll use EVERY software instrument, or you won't use it at all. i'm sure others can use it here or there, but that's just my perception of it.

i think you'll be happy with some other groovy stuff that'll be making its appearance before the end of the year, by the way...

cheers,
c

adam
07-11-2006, 04:04 PM
...i could beta test, you know. I did so for Ableton....

;)