PDA

View Full Version : Surprise teaser poster for Spiderman 3!

the mongoose
02-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Click (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22567)

Back in black.;)

stimpee
02-24-2006, 03:08 AM
I've just woken up, and read that as "Strip Tease Poker".

the mongoose
02-24-2006, 04:38 AM
ha ha.....I could find a link for that too if you like.;)

kagenaki koe
02-24-2006, 10:09 AM
it just looks like a duotone/mood treatment to me than it being a black costume.

potatobroth
02-24-2006, 12:09 PM
looks absolutely nothing like the black costume. looks like a rainy day duotone indeed.

kagenaki koe
02-24-2006, 12:29 PM
i was expecting THE black costume, and not the costume IN black.:(

it's certainly not THIS black costume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Secretwar8.jpg

stimpee
02-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Looks like spiderman DOES (http://www.samruby.com/SpectacularF/Large/Spectacular284.JPG) play poker, just not strip poker...

the mongoose
02-24-2006, 11:52 PM
it just looks like a duotone/mood treatment to me than it being a black costume.

Nope, it's a black costume. Official Link (http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/)

Guess that means Topher Grace is indeed Venom in part 4.:)

kagenaki koe
02-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Nope, it's a black costume.

exactly. its a black costume (re: the same costume except its black)

but teasing us by saying it's back in black, most people would assume we were gonna see THE black costume (re: symbiote with the cool wraparound white spider design.

adam
02-25-2006, 12:40 PM
The white spider was crucial, but you're also forgetting the very important LARGE white eyes. It ain't a black spidey suit without the eyes.

I hear Tom Jones is playing The Beyonder.

the mongoose
02-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Here (http://images.aintitcool.com/images2006/Blackenstein.jpg)

Is that better?!?;):D:D

ffolkes
02-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Here (http://images.aintitcool.com/images2006/Blackenstein.jpg)

Is that better?!?;):D:D

amazingly, yeah. manips don't usually look better. but that one does...

also: the problem with the original pic is that where the previous promoshots had a golden hue background, this one has a dark one (as black as the costume) which makes it look like a duotone image even when it's not.

I hear Tom Jones is playing The Beyonder.

:D

potatobroth
02-27-2006, 06:54 AM
thats a terrible teaser poster.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
02-28-2006, 03:42 PM
turns me on in the sickest sense of the word.

Malt Refund
03-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Well the movie changes some things.. remember when we found out there would be no webshooters? That the webbing came directly from his wrists? That all worked out okay. ;)

potatobroth
03-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Well the movie changes some things.. remember when we found out there would be no webshooters? That the webbing came directly from his wrists? That all worked out okay. ;)

welp, a quick look at IMDB reveals no mention of Venom, but rather the Green Goblin II and Sandman (played by Thomas Hayden Church - great casting.)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I do NOT think this is a poster of Venom, nor of Spidey in the 'black costume'.

my best guess is Sandman, GGII and a few members of the Sinister 6 (Rhino, Hydro-man, Vulture, etc.)

Doubtful that we'll see Venom unless its the last 5 seconds of the film as a teaser for the 4th.

Malt Refund
03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
But the black costume stuff came from the official site.. weird. If they are doing that to build hype and then suddenly Venom isnt in it, it would be a total letdown. But I totally agree, it doesnt look like the B+W costume at all. Very strange poster.

They'll probably build up Tophers character as nicer, gentler Eddie Brock (see: Ultimate Spiderman) in the third film and just Venom him up in the fourth.

Having one villian in the first movie, and one villian in the second.. then three in the third? Thats pretty weird. It's that over-villianing that killed the Batman movies.

Edit: God damn you Potato for editing your post and saying what I said!

Sean
03-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I saw a bunch of stuff from the movie yesterday, and that poster is not Venom. That's probably all I can really say if I don't want to get fired.:rolleyes:

potatobroth
03-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Edit: God damn you Potato for editing your post and saying what I said!

that was an anticipatory edit, i'll have you know.

Malt Refund
03-10-2006, 09:48 AM
C'mon Sean just tell us if thats the black costume or not. Dirty has a nice private messaging feature!

adam
03-10-2006, 10:29 AM
I would really like it if they bent history a bit and had Harry become Hobgoblin, instead. And then he could make a pact with some demons and the series could undergo a really weird shift in tone.

Malt Refund
03-10-2006, 11:40 AM
In the Ultimate Spiderman series, Harry is Hobgoblin instead of Green Goblin II, so its more then possible they'll just merge the two identities into one character.

adam
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
They should do Kraven's Last Hunt.

cured
03-10-2006, 12:08 PM
C'mon Sean just tell us if thats the black costume or not. Dirty has a nice private messaging feature!

^^ yes what he said.

potatobroth
well if they do Kraven's last hunt, they already have the Lizard character introduced. Conners? (am I confusing two different story lines? I may be.)

but yeah, they already have a potential with The Lizard.

cured
actually I'd like to see what CGI could do for Mysterio.

adam
03-10-2006, 12:13 PM
No, The Lizard you're thinking of whassit called, the first McFarlane Spiderman story. Kraven's Last Hunt was Vermin.

And I wasn't really serious. They'd never do it, or if they did they'd fuck it up, I just remember it being quite a powerful story. When Spidey gets out of the grave and is all nuts swinging around "i am the spider" crazy.

I once picked up an issue long after I stopped reading comics and he was all crazy like that again, and it made me really sorry I don't read comics anymore. I love Spidey.

See, my older brother has seven years on me, and when he was a certain age, he worked at a comic shop, and he brought home a ton of Spiderman and Daredevil comics (the good Frank Miller shit). So I had tons of access to that stuff. It was awesome.

Also, did any one by any chance read the Epic imprint Alien Legion stories? Those were criminally underrated. I adored that shit.

Malt Refund
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Dude if you haven't read Bendis' current run on DD, you should do yourself a favor for it's the greatest thing ever. He's been writing it for a few years now so I'd recommend the trades.

Is there anything Bendis *isnt* writing on Marvel currently?

adam
03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Daredevil at it's best is a very good comic.

darktrain
03-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Is there anything Bendis *isnt* writing on Marvel currently?

yeah, DD:rolleyes:
his giant arc recently ended, and it's in Ed Brubaker's hands now.

but what a jumping off point!

Malt Refund
03-11-2006, 03:50 AM
Oh I didnt know.. heh, I'm on the trades, was Decalogue the last?

Sean
03-14-2006, 04:42 PM
C'mon Sean just tell us if thats the black costume or not. Dirty has a nice private messaging feature!That should be safe to answer. I actually haven't had a chance to find out specifically. When I next see one of the guys working on it, I'll ask.

jOHN rODRIGUEZ
03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
ok I admit being lost, but

Is Venom a character in this one? & is Sam REALLY directing it(?), I heard rumors he was just assisting this go round.

b.miller
03-19-2006, 12:52 AM
anyone that read the Q&A that accompanied the fan-made venom pic on aint it cool already has the answers to most of these questions. Usually when they have to take stuff down it's because the information is correct. luckily, someone posted the entire Q&A in the talkbacks as soon as it was taken off the main article:

MAJOR ASS SPOILERS (http://www.aintitcool.com/tb_display.cgi?id=22569#1098235)

yes it's the black suit. it makes a certain amount of sense in the context of the movie... if the alien symbiote is clinging to Parker's previous suit, I think it makes sense that it looks like a black version of the colored suit rather than a whole new design. Now that doesn't mean that I'm not bummed out about it just as much as everyone else - the white spider design kicks ass - but i'm also not surprised that it looks that way for the movie (green gobline suit, anyone?)

That said, I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who said the script was really terrible and the movie is sucking.... but that's, you know, completely unsubstantiated. here's hoping for the best!

Malt Refund
03-20-2006, 01:15 PM
But I highly doubt they'll bring aliens into the movie. Venom will probably be the offspring of some lame ass gamma radiation lab experiment like everything else.

adam
03-20-2006, 01:20 PM
That's why they need Tom Jones as the Beyonder! And Iron Man with roller skates! Secret Wars ftw!

potatobroth
03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
well i'll be. thanks for that post b.miller.

well, i guess the white on the costume works well in the secret-wars era, but might look kinda bizarre in live-action.