PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill movie

kagenaki koe
02-05-2006, 01:02 PM
not much discussion about it?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/silenthill/hd/

kinda have to wait to get to the last half of the trailer before you realize how well they captured some of the visuals from the game....er...the newer games at least..

Stephen
02-05-2006, 01:27 PM
OOOOH. Downloading now. VERY excited. If this doesn't get fucked up then it may possibly be the best film ever (or the first ever 'good' game-to-film conversion). It's off to a good start though, i.e. It hasn't got The Rock in it.

I have a dodgy copy of Doom lying about waiting to be watched. That's going to be some funny shit ho ho.

Stephen
02-05-2006, 03:08 PM
BBWWOWOWIEIEIRERIEJSJSDJSJSAAAA

Looks good. I can't wait to publicly shit myself when I see this at the cinema. I cna safely say that playing SH2 and 3 on my own in the dark has accounted for some of my most frightened moments ever. The bit where Heather enters the demon hospital in SH3 and everything is red and buzzing made me turn it off. Egg and cloth were in rather too close proximity then.

mmm skyscraper
02-05-2006, 06:19 PM
I first thought of Mission Hill when I first saw the thread title. Oh well.

Kein
02-06-2006, 12:55 PM
As far as the look of the film it is very faithful to the original game. However I dont like turning the lead into a woman. It just seems like theyre trying to turn it into one of those crappy Jap horror remakes. "Frightened Woman, check. Mysterious little girl with long black hair, check." I guess its for suspense. Girls like to run around yelling OMG and crying. Whereas a guy would pick up a lead pipe and start smashing skinned babies.

If anything gives me hope though its pyramid head being in the trailer. If only for a split second. Hes going to tear some shit up.... hopefully.