PDA

View Full Version : TV: Looking forward to the IT Crowd

big screen satellite
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
next Friday Channel 4 9pm, new sitcom..

about IT nerds that you'd find in your office...looks like it's gonna be funny...

just a head up really...

Deckard
01-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Caught a glimpse of the trailer last night - was that Chris Morris I saw briefly?

groovypanda
01-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Caught a glimpse of the trailer last night - was that Chris Morris I saw briefly?i was about to ask the exact same question!

and then i found this website (http://www.theitcrowd.co.uk/) and found that it is indeed mr morris and that the show appears to have some of the cream of british comedy so involved so my hopes are indeed high :)

Stephen
01-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Caught Father Ted last week and was reminded just how brilliant Graham Linehan's writing is. Apparently this is the first time Morris has appeared in a project which he wasn't at the helm of.

I too, am looking forward to this.

big screen satellite
02-03-2006, 02:34 PM
well...IT was pretty funny, some fairly obvious gags...

and Chris Morris steals the show as the crazed boss...

i liked it, likely to watch it regularly...did laugh out loud a few times, so its working on me... :)

just don't expect anything extra special....

groovypanda
02-04-2006, 03:03 AM
chuckled along to the first episode but thought the second episode was much better - some real laugh out loud moments :)

definitely one i'll be watching regularly now

(and how excited was i to find out that the new series of green wing is almost upon us :D )

Deckard
02-04-2006, 06:56 AM
i was prepared to be disappointed, but thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed as much as I hoped I would!

Especially like the Jen character (sort of Dana Scully meets Jane Horrocks).

Stephen
02-05-2006, 03:38 AM
I caught the second episode through a drunken haze and it was much better than the trailers made it look. Thumbs up.

BeautifulBurnout
02-05-2006, 09:10 AM
I really liked this - of course all the cliches were there, but having worked as the only woman in an IT development dept. as user tester/trainer/documentor in a previous existance, with little or no knowledge of IT at all, I could really empathise with Jen too. :D

Very very funny stuff.

//\/\/
02-06-2006, 02:16 PM
i didn't like it - characters were too beyond belief, and their character traits weren't consistent (or just far too stupid) gave up half way through the second one. didn't even like the chris morris character. not my cuppatea.

Tiger
02-07-2006, 02:48 AM
only caught ten minutes of it and the comedy acting was so bad i turned off

lukeyd
02-07-2006, 03:00 AM
im gonna join the haters. but the one line i did really laugh at was chris morris saying "yes, this office is full of beautiful people doing not a lot of work and having affairs"

cured
02-07-2006, 04:22 PM
"Thank you for this sword...I hope you enjoy the Doc Martens I have given you." (paraphrased)

I love this show. Corny and over the top but I had to laugh when Maurice sent an e-mail out with a fire in his office and waited for help.

Thanks for pointing this one out...I won't be missing this!

cured
02-08-2006, 05:05 PM
anyone check out the third episode yet? Okay in contrast to the other two but the build-up made for a pretty rewarding finale.

ceramic'cow
02-08-2006, 11:48 PM
yeah, i struggled to get past the terrible acting. it had some funny moments, but the whole thing felt so overdone it was hard to really get into

ezay
02-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey If You Missed Any Episodes : www.itcrowd.lopezwebz.com