PDA

View Full Version : gilbert and george

//\/\/
01-20-2006, 03:27 PM
just seen a piece about their latest show "sonofagod (was jesus a heterosexual?)" looks amazing - fantastic colours - going to get along to this

http://www.whitecube.com

votingfloater
01-22-2006, 03:25 AM
You know, I think this'll draw much more flak from religious types than any intelligible spoken or written criticism of religion - organized or otherwise. For some reason, this bothers me.

Let me know what you think of it.

//\/\/
01-22-2006, 05:12 AM
i will - i might go once i finish work - but as i've been here since half 6 this morning that might not happen...

i think you're right though - phrases like "god loves fucking" will probably get people a bit riled.

//\/\/
01-24-2006, 08:27 AM
just been to see it - very nice indeed! it's the first time i've seen their stuff, and the scale is just fanastic. i love the way they divide the pieces into seperate panels as well. i just stood there open-mouthed at the intricacy. (oh, and there's nothing at all shocking there, apart from the odd christ that's falling off his crucifix, or looks like he's hanging onto it. there's lots of fun, though...)

Strangelet
01-25-2006, 06:21 AM
just been to see it - very nice indeed! it's the first time i've seen their stuff, and the scale is just fanastic. i love the way they divide the pieces into seperate panels as well. i just stood there open-mouthed at the intricacy. (oh, and there's nothing at all shocking there, apart from the odd christ that's falling off his crucifix, or looks like he's hanging onto it. there's lots of fun, though...)

i saw some of their stuff at tate modern a month or so ago. loved the color and broad themes and that they put themselves somewhere in the pictures. what is this white cube thing?

//\/\/
01-25-2006, 11:42 AM
what is this white cube thing?

the name of the gallery :D you can find bits of the exhibition in the site - they make excellent pc wallpaper!!!

Strangelet
01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
the name of the gallery :D you can find bits of the exhibition in the site - they make excellent pc wallpaper!!!

i know!! i've already taken som pics!

where is it the gallery!?

//\/\/
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM
hoxton square, east/central london - near brick lane if you fancy an excellent curry!

Strangelet
01-26-2006, 09:52 AM
hoxton square, east/central london - near brick lane if you fancy an excellent curry!

oh yeah? and maybe you could recommend a curry without endangering the thread to be moved :D

//\/\/
01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
oh yeah? and maybe you could recommend a curry without endangering the thread to be moved :D

you could say anything in this forum - nobody watches anyway!

watch this:

CYCLING!!!