PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice trailer

grady
12-12-2005, 09:58 PM
http://www.miamivicemovie.com/main.html

They don't mention you have to go through some shoddy Bacardi Live site to watch the trailer, but I imagine by Wednesday and the release of Donkey Kong does New York, a nice quicktime file will be in place of the crappy bacardi version.

I'm a sucker for anything Michael Mann and this one falls into that category.

ffolkes
12-12-2005, 11:43 PM
there can never be enough michael mann, tho i have to say that the linkin park vs jay-z track wasn't the best selection IMO.

all in all the trailer looked like trademark mann.
i'm sure a lot of people will get reminded of collateral cos of the visual flair + foxx... not that it's a bad thing.

i had reservations about farrell being crockett at first, but if he's directed well i think he could pull it off without being ridiculous.

bring on miami vice 2006.

Future Proof
12-13-2005, 05:22 AM
SWEET.

I could watch a Michael Mann production of a cooking show and be enthralled.

Jason Roth
12-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Trailer didn't really do it for me. "Smooth. That's how we do it." Wow, creative dialogue.

Miami Vice was cool in a very hard to capture, cheezy way. Where's all the color? Where are the pink shirts under white suits? Where's the MIAMI?

ffolkes
12-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Miami Vice was cool in a very hard to capture, cheezy way. Where's all the color? Where are the pink shirts under white suits? Where's the MIAMI?

In my opinion: The tv series was from the 80s. And even back then Miami Vice was supposed to be regarded as more serious than just cheezy (time has made it more cheesier than anything). This movie is made in 2005... it's not supposed to be a retro throwback, just a tale of two cops in the corrupt underworld of miami.

Mann has also said that television made him tone down the real Miami Vice he wanted to tell, which was obviously more darker and brutal. Now he's using that opportunity with the cinematic version.

Also it's not the first time he's re-making his own work. Heat was basically a remake of LA Takedown, an early Mann movie from '89.

grady
12-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Just saw the trailer in the theater last night and it was much better, obviously. Although laughter could be heard and it was hard discern whether it was due to the content of the trailer, the trailer and film itself, or Colin Farrel.

grady
05-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I didn't really see the point in starting a new thread that would have pretty much the same title as this thread.

The new trailer came out today, gearing up to appear on the many more summer films in the coming weeks. The new trailer has more dialog and gives us a bit more of an idea about the film.

link (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/miamivice/)

negative1
05-13-2006, 12:09 PM
no thanks..

dont' need another remake...
didn't 'bad boys' pretty much kill
off this style of movie?
(not that those were great movies either..)

later

b.miller
05-13-2006, 02:46 PM
huh... maybe i am the only fan of bad boys 2... oh well.

for me, the teaser for Miami Vice absolutely kicked ass... this new full-on trailer with more dialogue... well, i'm still hopeful that the context of the movie makes the dialogue less... horrible. i'm still down on the idea and a Mann movie in Miami but hope the script isn't terrible. the poster is also sub-par...

here's hoping though... a modern-day take on the miami undercover drug scene with characters that just happen to be named Crockett and Tubbs could be awesome...

cured
05-13-2006, 04:02 PM
it'll be a big fuck-off movie that'll have some great action sequences but it'll just be a cut above the usual crap of summer movies. I didn't care for Bad Boys 2 at all, outside of a moment here and there.

X-Men 3 owns jew.

grady
05-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Bad Boys 2 had it's moments, mainly all those Hummers being flipped over for no apparent reason during that obscene car chase.

One more thing about Bad Boys 2, who's brilliant idea was it to have Martin Lawrence look over while sneaking into the bad guys house and see two rats/mice in the missionary position. I'm sure somewhere on set Michael Bay was wearing asshole sunglasses and clapping his hands saying, "Genius, JUST GENIUS! Lets do one more take."

I'm with b.miller on this one(go figure.) The addition of dialog to the first teaser/trailer doesn't help to much. Both versions of the poster have been sub par/straight to video quality.

But all that aside, I still keep hope alive of Michael Mann's project taking over the streets and city of Miami. And screen Michael Bay and Bad Boys 3. I can just imagine Mr. Bay sitting in a darkened screening room somehwere in LA being struck with a 'brilliant' idea while watching Miami Vice.