PDA

View Full Version : Unsung Hero - I Feel This World Was So Much Better But I Never Had The Chance To E...

Leon
12-06-2005, 11:35 AM
So, finally, I've got another track done. :)

Available here (http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KTD9IJEYC7TA2ZF6KAM8B9WQF).

Unsung Hero - I Feel This World Was So Much Better But I Never Had The Chance To Experience It.

That's just how I feel.

With my new way of working I can work things out much quicker and master things right away, so it's not distorted now :D Well, you might experience a FEW cracks, but I THINK it's minimal.

Anyway, this track is best seen as a track like the tracks from The Orb's Adventures From The Ultraworld. Long and pretty chill, good for when you're stoned. This song has a bit more of a climaxy thing, bit more of a build up then The Orb Adventure tracks have, they seem to go on forever without progressing. Which totally rocks nontheless!

So. Enjoy it. It's 7 days online :)

thee carp dreamer
12-07-2005, 05:20 AM
hi there,
the beats are rather nice. i also rather like the key changes.
goes on a little too long, methinks. but i can't talk, cos the last track i posted here was 40mins long....

i can't personally see the orb's influence too much in there. perhaps something more like meat beat manifesto.

anyway, yea. good work. :)

Leon
12-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the feedback. And yes I kinda agree that it goes on for a little too long.. Well it wouldn't be going on for too long if I would mix in some more synths or some more effects. But I was tired of working on it so much so I released it.

Comments are much appreciated! :)

Renze
12-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I really liked the beats, although I could hear in an instant that they came out of Reason...But that's not necessarily bad. I thought the track was pretty decent, a bit long maybe. The song title is WAY too long :p

Leon
12-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Heheheh ok. It kinda sucks, because I really try to make those beats "my own", and the snare might be a bit recognizable, but I think that's a sound that's not only Reason's.

polar_action
12-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Hi Leon,

Liked it initially and it don't really matter where the drum sound comes from but in this case 8.34 of the same kinda loop gets a bit repetitive for me.

Maybes you could shorten the track while keeping in all the variations that the full track has. That would keep the listeners ear plugged in.

Feel free to take on board or berate me

Happy mixing.

p.s. sounds nowt like the orb

Leon
12-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Hi Leon,

Maybes you could shorten the track while keeping in all the variations that the full track has. That would keep the listeners ear plugged in.

Thanks for the feedback, don't be ashamed being a little "negative", because for me it's important to receive it.

You have a point in saying to shorten the track and keeping all the variations, I was kinda figuring out how to do that already.

Anyway, watch out for a reworking.