PDA

View Full Version : Primer: Great science fiction flick

adam
07-05-2005, 11:36 AM
No, I don't mean this post is a primer on science fiction movies, I mean the movie Primer is a great example thereof.

I don't know anything about it, except that they have it in New Releases at my local video store. It caught my eye, and I checked it out, and it's great.

But this is real science fiction, not an action movie with ray guns. It's quite dry, mostly dialogue driven. Check it out.

For that matter, I thought Code 46 (is that the name?) was really good, too. I quite like the way the narration unfolded. Pretty looking, too. I was hesitant to rent it because I had barely heard anything about it, but that was explained within the first few seconds. BBC films = rejection by stupid Americans.

grady
07-05-2005, 08:42 PM
I really wish I could have seen this film when it was in the theater here in Portland. But it was only around for two weeks and I was out of town for one of those weeks....I think. Regardless, the film was mighty impressive. I want to rent the DVD and listen to the commentaries.

Tom
07-08-2005, 04:14 AM
I saw the apple.com trailer a few months back and was immediately interested.

Hope a region 4 dvd release ain't too far off.

Scott Warner
07-08-2005, 04:22 AM
HIGHLY recommended.

adam
07-08-2005, 06:52 AM
And now that Scott chimed in you'll all see it instead of just ignoring my recommendation.

Animal Boything
07-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Actually I WAS interested until HE chimed in.
;)

adam
07-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I had to force Tom at gunpoint to watch Heatvision and Jack.

Tom
07-09-2005, 11:11 PM
OK, I watched Primer yesterday and throught it was great. I will have to watch it again cos there were a few things I kinda missed (some of the dialogue is fast and a bit muffled). THANKS FOR THE REC, ADAM.

>>I had to force Tom at gunpoint to watch Heatvision and Jack.

Speaking of which, I meant to email you regarding Computer Man (http://www.channel101.com/shows/show.php?show_id=1), starring Jack Black. It's so bad it's offensive! eps 1, 2 and 3 are great, the rest suck.

Dave
07-10-2005, 12:03 AM
I remember being excited about the trailer but then I forgot about it. Will check it out now.

Can someone tell me what the guy is saying in the middle of hte trailer though?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/primer.html

Tom
07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
"You're talking about making a bigger one... You're talking about making a bigger one"

adam
07-10-2005, 01:30 AM
I was aware of Computer Man, thanks. I dunno, I thought the Hallowe'en episode was the best, myself. The editing as he kills the space monster is awesome.

Funny thing, I remember reading somewhere Jack Black's agent complaining about Computer Man. He was saying that we trying to talk to him about, you know, his career, and Jack was only concerned with Computer Man.