LIVE 105′s SUBSONIC SPOOKFEST 2010
@ the Cow Palace
w/Underworld | DJ Shadow | MSTRKRFT | Steve Aoki
Blaqk Audio | Booka Shade | Wolfgang Gartner | Dada Life
The Limousines | Classixx | LA Riots | Felix Cartal
DJ Aaron Axelsen | Miles the DJ | DJ Omar | Kid Lightning
and more artists to be announced!

http://live105.radio.com/events/2010/10/29/live-105s-subsonic-spookfest-2010/

Looks like I'm gonna have to be rubbing elbows with the raver kids...

BrotherLovesDub
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Ugh. Was thinking of making the trip for the SF show but not with this lineup.

Cadevil
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Last "rave" at the Cow Palace sent a bunch of kids to the hospital from bad drugs. I think one died.

Mixed feelings about this one, but how could I not go?

jose m
09-02-2010, 11:32 PM

dj shadow booka shade mstrkrft all worth seeing no ?

bazwint
09-03-2010, 02:35 AM
dj shadow booka shade mstrkrft all worth seeing no ?

Absolutely. Saw DJ Shadow's new show in July. Rocked!!

grady
09-10-2010, 10:07 AM

My thoughts as well. Hence my purchase of a ticket to the NYC show.

ultradave
09-10-2010, 10:38 AM
show is ages 16+... i'll pass. i'd rather deal with 18+ here in los angeles... plus i won't have to drive 8hrs... but oh how i do love san francisco... :rolleyes:

Professor
10-11-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm going.... anyone want to meet up before set? During?

TheBang
10-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Set times posted:

http://live105.radio.com/2010/10/28/spookfest-2010-set-times/

Underworld's on so late.

saintrik
10-29-2010, 09:39 AM
...or for those who are link adverse...

MAIN ROOM:
UNDERWORLD 12:45-2AM live
DJ Aaron Axelsen 12:25-12:45 (set change DJ set)
DJ SHADOW 11:25-12:25
special performance by Spookfest burlesque dancers 10:55-11:25
MSTRKRFT 9:55-10:55
STEVE AOKI 9:00-9:55
BOOKA SHADE 8:00-9:00 (live)
FAKE BLOOD 7:15-8:00
BLAQK AUDIO 6:40-7:15 (live)
DJ Aaron Axelsen 6:25-6:40
LIMOUSINES 6:00-6:25 (live)

Preemptive yawn...

stimpee
10-29-2010, 09:51 AM
For a meetup it looks like the Cow Palace is more in Daly City. I only see Cafe Montechristo in the general vicinity.

saintrik
10-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Great performance, and lots of energy for the Spookfest horde tonight...

Downpipe
Always Loved A Film
Two Months Off
Scribble
Bird 1
Rez/Cowgirl
Between Stars
King of Snake
Born Slippy NUXX

Unrelated: Walking around the venue during the show...it felt like walking through a garbage dump.

TheBang
10-30-2010, 02:49 AM
It was nice to meet The Professor and dirtytomato.

I'm kind of sad that I had to sit through so much crap before seeing Underworld. I'd never seen Steve Aoki before, but he is douchetastic.

Unfortunately, the venue was only about 1/3 full for Underworld. Maybe all the kids had to go to bed early? The people who stayed seemed to have a good time dancing though. Say what you will about the fixed setlist, it puts feet on the floor.

Also, a striptease immediately preceded Underworld. Most revealing opener ever?

That's it for now. Gotta catch an early flight to San Diego tomorrow.

Troy McClure
10-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Safe travels 'the Bang'...great weather in San Diego so far.

jason

stimpee
10-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Great performance, and lots of energy for the Spookfest horde tonight...

Downpipe
Always Loved A Film
Two Months Off
Scribble
Bird 1
Rez/Cowgirl
Between Stars
King of Snake
Born Slippy NUXX

Unrelated: Walking around the venue during the show...it felt like walking through a garbage dump.1h15min show, the same setlist as Ibiza then.

Professor
10-30-2010, 10:44 AM

I'm kind of sad that I had to sit through so much crap before seeing Underworld. I'd never seen Steve Aoki before, but he is douchetastic.

Unfortunately, the venue was only about 1/3 full for Underworld. Maybe all the kids had to go to bed early? The people who stayed seemed to have a good time dancing though. Say what you will about the fixed setlist, it puts feet on the floor.

likewise...meeing up with Dirty Tomato and theBang was really nice. I was completely overwhelmed with the size of the venue...was definitely the largest format techno show I've ever seen. Bummer about Shadow playing downtempo sandwhiched in between 160bpm rave and Underworld... with pasties in the middle

Was a great first time!

unwound floors
10-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Did Karl take off his pants onstage!? If you didn't get photos we are no longer friends.

PS: Steve Aoki = massive douche.

dirtytomato
10-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Did Karl take off his pants onstage!? If you didn't get photos we are no longer friends.

PS: Steve Aoki = massive douche.

I think that's the first and the last time I see Steve Aoki. I'm sure there is an audience for that garbage. It would have been nice to have more cohesion between the acts leading up to Underworld, but let's be honest, as much as I enjoy MSTRKRFT and DJ Shadow, I just wanted to see Underworld... performing a low-key set, in which they interact and take requests from the audience.

"PLAY SPIKEE PLEASE!!!"

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9073467@N02/sets/72157625277040214/

unwound floors
11-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Karl's wearing his pants in every single one of those photos. I'm a little disappointed.

(Just kidding. Thanks for sharing!!)

Spinning Will
11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm Spinning Will, posting for the first time. Complete agreement regarding Steve Aoki. The sad thing is, that was the crowd for him; he was received pretty enthusiastically, much more than, say, Booka Shade.

The burlesque thing was kind of horrific and random.

As for the smallish crowd for Underworld, I heard more than a few comments from kids around me (in the long, long line before the show and in front of the stage just before they went on) who seemed to think of UW as some old guys from before their time; they seemed to be there for MSTRKRFT and Wolfgang Gartner. All the same, UW did not disappoint, and I'm glad I stuck around.

BTW I went by myself, which was a mistake; in retrospect, I wish I had met up with you all. Maybe next time.

TheBang
04-10-2011, 06:27 AM
So, you know, I can't think of any profanity in any of Underworld's lyrics offhand. So, it was a little bit surprising when Karl let loose with this:

http://twaud.io/qvyq

I think he was referring to some stuff left behind by that bizarre burlesque show. Can't say I blame him; he must've been pretty pissed off.

Andrea
04-10-2011, 11:14 AM
sounds like a show in a sprit of the simple mind:)

dubnobasswithme
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
"the beatles are dead, andy worhol's shit she said" --oich oich :)

little speaker has the line "fucking' hell. i didn't used to be that tall", but it's not karl saying it so it might not count here...

oh, but then there's the awesome criminals/fugitives/junkies intro to cowgirl for i love techno 1998 --> "you are fucking LOVEEEEEEEEEEEELY!!! (enter 'cowgirl' on the speakers)"

TheBang
04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Ah, indeed. Thanks for the reminders. I'd say the Warhol line isn't really used as an expletive either.

unwound floors
04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I love a man with a filthy mouth...

Champiness
04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
"Come on fuck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xpeX_dTjzI#t=4m52s) this"

TheBang
04-13-2011, 03:26 AM
nice one. I didn't know that one. I guess when UW uses profanity in lyrics, it isn't as explicit and in your face as, say, a rock band.