PDA

View Full Version : [drift004] Maus - Recogniser

maus
11-13-2005, 09:29 AM
hey kidzz. been a while.

thought i'd drop a line and let you dirties know about my first 'release' on a net label. i know it's not really a huge deal but i'm pretty excited about it anyways. =) all new stuff i've written in the last 3 or 4 months specifically for this album so it's the first 'album' i've done that's actually a coherent sound more or less rather than being a collection of random tracks.

download it for free here:

www.driftrecords.net

also check out the other drift releases. some quality stuff there!

cheers,
c

gambit
11-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Downloaded and listening now. First track sounds great and promising! :)

gambit
11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Fantastic work, maus! I've definitely been in an IDM, electro-ish mood lately. :)

maus
11-14-2005, 03:52 PM
hey thanks! glad you enjoyed it. =)

i'm partly concerned that while it's thematic, it tends to get repetitive in places... i also kind of have trouble classifying it... so if i may ask, what would you classify it as? you said IDM/electro... i suppose that makes sense. people ask me what it sounds like and i have trouble explaining it. i'd like to think it's because i'm finding my own sound, but i might just be losing objectivity. =)

in any event, thanks for listening!

cheers,
c

gambit
11-14-2005, 09:44 PM
IDM/electro sounds about right for this. It sorta reminds me of Boards of Canada in a way, but yeah, sometimes it's difficult to classify music. Hell, what would you classify Underworld as? They're not entirely techno, house, electronic, or anything like that. So maybe you can just call it mausmusic.