PDA

View Full Version : Zen TV

Ally
07-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I toddled along to see Zen TV at Glastonbury having developed my appreciation for all things Ninjatune and was blown away. I'm now thinking of getting the Zen TV DVD.. the peformance was a class bit of VJing, is the DVD the same thing? I'm asking because the performance I saw had a lot more movie and TV elements in it, and this tracklist looks decidedly music-oriented...

http://www.ninjatune.net/ninja/release.php?id=804

ps, still researching so the answer may be glaringly obvious... :o

Liam
07-02-2005, 02:59 PM
YES

I wasn't at Glasto but I saw Matt Black and Juxta do an audiovisual mashdown at the Bongo Club recently and it was pretty much the best gig I've ever been to.

And Ninjatune is the best record label on the planet. They pretty much single handedly own several of the freshest genres about at the moment. And they were started by none other than Coldcut, remember.

Ninja highlights for me:

Cinematic Orchestra, Every Day
Ammoncontact, One in an Infinity of Ways
DJ Food, Kaleidescope
Coldcut & DJ Krush, Cold Krush Cuts

Let me know how the Zen TV DVD is. You can get it for pretty cheap these days, I've seen it second hand in Avalanche for 8 pounds I think (are you in Edinburgh or Glasgow, Ally, I forget).

entropy
07-02-2005, 08:41 PM
i bought that dvd and have never watched it

Ally
07-04-2005, 03:10 AM
YES

I wasn't at Glasto but I saw Matt Black and Juxta do an audiovisual mashdown at the Bongo Club recently and it was pretty much the best gig I've ever been to.

And Ninjatune is the best record label on the planet. They pretty much single handedly own several of the freshest genres about at the moment. And they were started by none other than Coldcut, remember.

Ninja highlights for me:

Cinematic Orchestra, Every Day
Ammoncontact, One in an Infinity of Ways
DJ Food, Kaleidescope
Coldcut & DJ Krush, Cold Krush Cuts

Let me know how the Zen TV DVD is. You can get it for pretty cheap these days, I've seen it second hand in Avalanche for 8 pounds I think (are you in Edinburgh or Glasgow, Ally, I forget).

Glasgow mate, regular shopper in Avalanche :) I'll pop in there this Thursday afternoon, I'll be in the city centre for my pre-T-shop :cool: