PDA

View Full Version : Do you Seagal?

grady
10-10-2005, 07:56 PM
http://www.lightningdrink.com/

Amazing.

I am speechless. Though I must admit, I want to try one.

myrrh
10-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I like how they have a guy with a tight body on the website, instead of Seagal himself. I guess his still hasn't got enough energy to loose that gut he has.

grady
10-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Added to the fact that they now speed up his fight sequences to make him appear to move faster than he actually is on screen. I think this practice started on the film Fire Down Below in 1997. That was the film with Seagal up in alaska fighting evil Oil men. The only reason I'm privy to such information is that I have two friends who take great pleasure in watching terrible action films while consuming large amounts of beer and pizza. It's a good time watching these shite films after six beers and a couple shots of whiskey. The viewings of these films are simply wonderful and as far as I can tell, the only way to really enjoy such bravada in subpar filmmaking.

Raz
10-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Good ol' Windmill Arms.

I think it was Fire Down Below where he pretended to be some uber-handyman repairing porches and shit. ROFL.

the mongoose
10-10-2005, 11:01 PM
hell, he doesn't even do his own fights anymore. They yell cut....and a double comes in and does it!:eek:

info from Kiss of the Dragon commentary track.;)

Renze
10-11-2005, 12:37 PM
can't really stand his movies, apart from Under Siege. But that's because Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey made it so enjoyable...

Under Siege 2 was ok too.

Winston
10-11-2005, 08:33 PM
can't really stand his movies, apart from Under Siege. But that's because Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey made it so enjoyable...

Under Siege 2 was ok too.

TLJ fucking ruled in that movie

Animal Boything
10-12-2005, 05:12 PM
I hang out with a lot of guys that rent a lot of dumb movies looking for hidden gems... Seagal's made a couple of movies that are unintentionally hilarious, and a couple that are actually not too bad.

It's so funny how he's so clearly the hopeless nerd who took up martial arts in a desperate attempt not to get his ass kicked daily, then got a little too into it. It just shines through in his every role. He plays these laid-back heroes because that's what he obviously aspires to be, and probably what he's convinced himself that he is, but he still has this look in his eyes that says "I sure showed those bullies."

b.miller
10-12-2005, 11:08 PM
you know... at a certain point all i could hear in defense of Seagal was that his particular martial art was more about breaking bones and actually putting people down than showing off... or hopping around (hence the gut he's had since like... Hard to Kill). of course, back then his biggest criticism was only starring in movies with prepositional phrases as titles... still true i suppose but there's so much more to make fun of him now...

is he still married to kelly lebrock? she was hot in Weird Science

Tiger
10-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I hang out with a lot of guys that rent a lot of dumb movies looking for hidden gems... Seagal's made a couple of movies that are unintentionally hilarious

sounds like we've similiar friends or should i say fiends.............one's so geeky/obsessive that he copies virtually all movies, catalogues them, etc, etc.........i only know this as he once went to the trouble of melding together some infamous seagal lowlights for a laugh. yes you've guessed it he doesn't get out much, but he did have us all in stitches with this classic environmental speech seagal gave at the end of one movie.........might have even been the alaskan oil one, never heard someone tried to sound so earnest when spouting platitudes, but as you say unintentionally hilarious:D