//\/\/
02-10-2010, 02:43 AM
wales didn't :D :D

Rog
02-10-2010, 04:28 PM
......thats right:D:D:D

Dunwho
02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Ireland did good... not great... but they are getting there!!!!!

I am hoping we do the double... but it aint gonna be easy with France and England away!

Rog
02-11-2010, 04:47 PM
should be an interesting few weeks:)

matt
02-12-2010, 01:43 AM
well england did ok on saturday..........:D
Not really - they were piss poor. Wales played badly and still could (and perhaps should) have won that match. If we'd have had a half decent scum half we would have done. Plus losing 2 of our Lions front row 2 days before the game really didn't help. I'm not saying Wales deserved to win, they clearly didn't, but England didn't exactly play well.

However I fully expect them to put 40 points on Italy this Sunday and then watch the English media have a jizz fest about how they're going to win the Grand Slam and then enjoy seeing them come badly unstuck against France, Ireland and maybe even the Scots in Murrayfield if it's raining.

Rog
02-12-2010, 04:32 AM
*Yawn* any excuse! i admit we weren't the best but wales were also piss poor. i am not getting carried away and saying we are going to win the grand slam because we are a very long way from that. Even if we lose the rest of our games we still beat ya - and that's what you hate more than anything else:p;)

here, have a lemon to suck!

Dunwho
02-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh dear... I think we need to pull our thumb out of our asses in Ireland... piss poor weekend. France were amazing.

Poor Scotland! They totally deserved it but a lack of depth in their squad ultimately was their undoing!

Rog
02-14-2010, 02:03 PM
france look a cut above the rest, Ireland and wales both below their best, england still nowhere near.

stimpee
02-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Oh dear... I think we need to pull our thumb out of our asses in Ireland... piss poor weekend. France were amazing.

Poor Scotland! They totally deserved it but a lack of depth in their squad ultimately was their undoing!Why did the ref allow Wales to kick off with the scores at 24-24 when the time was already over the 80mins? seems harsh on scotland.

England meanwhile were making Italy look good. Italy could have snatched it.

m.g.
02-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I haven't been posting here since ages... (hi all!) and I have to say that I was delighted by France's game. Looking forward to see how it'll be vs. England...

BeautifulBurnout
02-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Cou cou Marco!

I owe you an email, depuis le temps! :)

England better play a damn sight better in Paris than they did in Rome otherwise we are baises.

Not impressed by the game of soccer they were playing yesterday, I must say. And Wilko seems to have lost his footing since he has been playing in the Sud Ouest too! :p

Bisous x

m.g.
02-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I owe you an email, depuis le temps! :)

And Wilko seems to have lost his footing since he has been playing in the Sud Ouest too! :p
An email, I'd say so, yes... ;)

And Wilko... erm... he's probably eating & drinking too many good things in the Sud Ouest :D

matt
02-16-2010, 05:49 AM
*Yawn* any excuse! i admit we weren't the best but wales were also piss poor. i am not getting carried away and saying we are going to win the grand slam because we are a very long way from that. Even if we lose the rest of our games we still beat ya - and that's what you hate more than anything else:p;)Actually no. That 'As long as we beat the English...' mentality is long gone. Our sights are set somewhat higher these days - I mean who cares if we beat a mediocre team that's in decline ;)

France head & shoulders above the rest at the moment but not that surprising as they've won every single Six Nations the year after a Lions tour. Expect them to win the GS now although that's not to say they'll have another one of their inexplicable mindfucks against the English.

Wales are missing Phillips dreadfully - hopefully Peel will be back for the French game but we could really do with Phillips in the team for the trip to Croke Park. And we need to cut out the basic errors we are making - both of the Scottish tries came from Welsh mistakes rather than Scottish creativity.

Why did the ref allow Wales to kick off with the scores at 24-24 when the time was already over the 80mins? seems harsh on scotland.Maybe because they'd tried wasting so much time in those last few minutes? Besides, it was Scotland's own fault for not having the nous to kick the restart straight into touch and thus end the game. Fantastic last 5 minutes though :)

froopy seal
02-16-2010, 01:55 PM
I haven't been posting here since ages... (hi all!) and I have to say that I was delighted by France's game. Looking forward to see how it'll be vs. England...Salut Marc, nice to see you're back.

I'm afraid I don't really care about Rugby results, though. Rugby - isn't that Commonwealth Handegg (http://www.gleason.to/leech/handegg.jpg) or something? :p

Dunwho
02-17-2010, 05:54 AM
- isn't that Commonwealth Handegg (http://www.gleason.to/leech/handegg.jpg) or something? :p

Easy on the "commonwealth" term.... touchy subject :D

Rog
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
. Our sights are set somewhat higher these days - I mean who cares if we beat a mediocre team that's in decline ;)

that's rich! you should be 0-2 down and deserved nothing from either game.:p

Rog
02-18-2010, 03:21 PM
I haven't been posting here since ages... (hi all!) and I have to say that I was delighted by France's game. Looking forward to see how it'll be vs. England...

hello mate! how's things?:D

i expect france to do the grand slam! they look far superior to any of the others so far

froopy seal
02-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Easy on the "commonwealth" term.... touchy subject :DThanks for the hint, I'll keep that in mind for future mockings. :D

m.g.
02-26-2010, 02:29 PM
hello mate! how's things?:D

i expect france to do the grand slam! they look far superior to any of the others so farThings are great, thanks :D

And in spite of a pathetic & scary 2nd half vs. Wales, we made this one also... we'll have to play really better if we want to make the grand slam this year.

Ps : Salut Marc, nice to see you're back.Hi Thorsten, I hope all's ok for you also :)

Dunwho
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
And in spite of a pathetic & scary 2nd half vs. Wales, we made this one also... we'll have to play really better if we want to make the grand slam this year.

Je pense que le pire est fini!

I think you got through the two toughest tests with ease... i cant really see England threatening unless they have an amazingly or perhaps shockingly good day when they play france.

Wales got going way too late... and we (Ireland) were just not on form that day.. too tired. And in both cases France were pure brilliance.

Your defence is astounding and it was like god created Bastereaud for rugby!

La Brute! :D

m.g.
03-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Je pense que le pire est fini!

Your defence is astounding and it was like god created Bastereaud for rugby!

La Brute! :D
Well... I don't know if "le pire est fini" but we're starting to smell the perfume of the Grand Slam...

And definitely, yes, Bastareaud is quite a player.

froopy seal
03-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Ps : Hi Thorsten, I hope all's ok for you also :)
Thanks Marc, I'm good. :)

m.g.
03-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Mmm... some very nice game this week-end.

Logically, Ireland and France won, and I feel that Scotland deserved a bit more than this unfair 15-15.

This France vs. England next Saturday looks very promising :rolleyes:

BeautifulBurnout
03-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Was a great game, and I was pleased to see the French let the Italians finish with a little bit of dignity in the last 15 mins :D

Grand slam? On va voir.... :p

stimpee
03-15-2010, 02:08 AM
Easy on the "commonwealth" term.... touchy subject :DYeah, just use (ex-)commonwealth. That should cover it. :p If not, get a list of acceptable Anglo-Irish terms from any irishman.

As far as the rugby goes for this weekend, its looking like only France and Ireland really want to win this. If it wasnt for Wales' 16th man referee in the match vs Scotland allowing the kick off when the match was already over, they'd be getting the beeswax and cloth out ready to polish the wooden spoon they'll be receiving.

m.g.
03-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Grand slam? On va voir.... :p
Mmmm... D-1 before we play vs. "Our Best Enemy" :) or :mad:

Grand Slam was not that close since ages...

Allez les Bleus!!! :D

BeautifulBurnout
03-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Mmmm... D-1 before we play vs. "Our Best Enemy" :) or :mad:

Grand Slam was not that close since ages...

Allez les Bleus!!! :D

On va gagner! Les doigts dans le nez! :D

m.g.
03-20-2010, 02:53 PM
And in the end, France won :) (and in these conditions, I'm even able to like Wilko when he couldn't execute us... England did a great game, though, and an absolutely beautiful try...).

It's great also that Scotland won today.

BeautifulBurnout
03-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Congratulations to les grenouilles and their Grand Chelem!

A good match - quite a close one too. But well deserved honour for the French who have played well all season.

Dunwho
03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh dear we crashed and burned up in Dublin!!! how awful, but we really like it when scotland win and do well so its bitter sweet really!! haha

Felicitations!!

m.g.
09-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Didn't come here for ages (again :(). Had a very busy 2010 which turned into a difficult 2011 (my dad's death not long ago).

Bonjour everybody :)

No one here watching what's happening these days in New Zealand?

Rog
10-04-2011, 02:35 PM
alright mate! how are you?
been watching the rugby but i don't expect us to progress on saturday against your lot-;) although none of the n.hemishpere are looking consistant enough for me.

m.g.
10-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Well... I'm fine, thank you. Kind of "landing" now... (my dad was 88, alzheimer and few other "dysfunctions", so that's life I guess, and life goes on...).

Talking about rugby... until now, French were pathetic, nobody here understands the coach's choices and anyway, we don't have now the best team (compared with the past years).

I'm really looking forward Saturday's 1/4 final vs. our "best enemy" :) (I hope we'll win... but I'm not sure it will happen, even if I wasn't impressed by England. Statiscally you were throwing us out most of the time in the world cups, so... it'll be very interesting, I'll see the match in an Irish pub in Paris ;)).

I was delighted to see Wales and Ireland playing I have to say (Australia - Ireland was probably the best match I saw).

That said, I don't see anyone able to beat New Zealand this year, (except if "anyone" is able to play like Ireland did vs. Australia, and that, during 80mins... who knows?).

Rog
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
what about South Africa? they have looked ok.............

I hope it's a good game on saturday and may the best team on the day win:)

m.g.
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
South Africa? the only match with some "real" opposition was vs. Wales, and they only won by 17-16 in a not very impressive game.

I'd say that New Zealand, Australia and Ireland should win their 1/4 final matches.

And for England - France, erm... I prefer to say nothing and wait Saturday morning ;)

Rog
10-08-2011, 11:27 AM
well the best teams won on the day today *choke*:eek::)

m.g.
10-09-2011, 05:49 AM
well the best teams won on the day today *choke*:eek::)
Hahaha... I'd prefer : "the teams which played better on Saturday won" :D

I have to say that I'm very happy for the totally unhoped result of England - France (not the best English team I ever saw, though...).

Quite a boring and irritating South Africa - Australia. Uninspired Boks and very good defense for the Wallabies. Not funny and not really deserved imo.

Logically New Zealand won, but Argentina showed that the Kiwis can be in trouble (well, if their opponent can play this harassing game for 80mins).

I look forward to Saturday and Sunday :)

BeautifulBurnout
10-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Hahaha... I'd prefer : "the teams which played better on Saturday won" :D

I have to say that I'm very happy for the totally unhoped result of England - France (not the best English team I ever saw, though...).

Quite a boring and irritating South Africa - Australia. Uninspired Boks and very good defense for the Wallabies. Not funny and not really deserved imo.

Logically New Zealand won, but Argentina showed that the Kiwis can be in trouble (well, if their opponent can play this harassing game for 80mins).

I look forward to Saturday and Sunday :)

Tais-toi! :( :D

Even with a referee playing for the England team we still lost!! :eek:

m.g.
10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Tais-toi! :( :D

Even with a referee playing for the England team we still lost!! :eek:
Hahaha... true :p

Just a few hours to wait for these very interesting 1/2 finals...

m.g.
10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Well... how can I say... erm... I'd say that for 2 weeks we were having the world against us (writing/saying ugly things about the French team) and I think and hope that this match was the best possible answer.

Another thing is that I thought the minimum we deserved in a world cup final was a fair and impartial refereeing, which was not the case imo (but apparently not only in my opinion after what I could hear and read here and there) Mr Joubert simply forgetting his wistle for nearly every fault the Blacks commited at a less than 40 meters from their goalposts.

Therefore, the least I can say is that it was a very pale victory for the Blacks (I'll stay on this fantastic team not able during 80mins to play their rugby and trying, not to win the match, but avoiding to lose it).

In the end, looking at the whole tournament, a deserved victory for New Zealand.

A very brave and courageous from the Welsh, but logically and deservedly won by Australia.

VoilĂ*.

:) but also :mad:

chuck
06-14-2012, 03:51 AM
That final was an amazing night.

I sat down with mates to watch it - and when asked what I thought the score would be, I said... "Don't care, as long as we've got one more point than them at the final whistle". ... Didn't imagine how

Cracking game - tense beyond all expectations. Stephen Donald, coming on to kick the winning goal - having being called in from a fishing vacation 10 days before the final. He'd actually ignored the messages on his phone, thinking it was someone taking the piss. The 4th choice first five in the country - getting just enough points to win.

You could blame Joubert if you were a French supporter - just like some All Black supporters still blame Wayne Barnes for 2007.

I got to go to 3 games, Fiji v. Springboks, Argentina v. Scotland, and South Africa v. Wales. Fantastic atmosphere, a festival all over the country. I don't think the RWC will ever return to NZ - so I'm pretty chuffed to have enjoyed it and been a small part of it.

This video sums up the day/evening of that final so very well. (http://vimeo.com/32962517)