Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:25 AM
esaruoho
river

Re: Lackluster / Esa Ruoho: Music now Pay-What-You-Want on Bandcamp till end of 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
Thanks Man! Heading there now!

Esa! "So There Spherical" holy cow. AMAZEBALLS.
Wow! Thanks for liking that track - wasn't sure how it would be received..
Old 01-05-2015, 10:13 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Re: Lackluster / Esa Ruoho: Music now Pay-What-You-Want on Bandcamp till end of 2013
Why? It's great!
Old 01-06-2015, 12:04 PM
stimpee
Administrator

This new Lackluster album is brilliant. Buy it here. https://jellyfishfrequency.bandcamp....xicon-of-goods

How does one make a resounding career statement in 2014, to establish it over their two decades of previously released music? Does one go for an obscure minimalist affair, a concept album based on the inherently wonderful sounds of a metallic bucket, a piece of cardboard and a lead pencil? A simple best-of?

Nope, if you’re Esa Ruoho a.k.a. Lackluster, you’ve gone for a wide spectrum covering everything from barely beatless late-night sensuality ("Purple Rooms") to hobbling, beats held-together with pieces of gum and bubblewrap, with massive doses of melodic layers ("Falling All Over The Place”, “Urban Sprawls").. Then you trail it all at the end with skittery skattery drum’n’bass ("So There Spherical") and pure ambience laced with electric interference ("Calming Presence”).

Much like a sonic dictionary, this album, unlike any other previously released, thoroughly covers the various moods and modes of Lackluster.

The sources of inspiration for these tracks range from the -45 Celsius to various historical computers, to Free Energy inventors and researchers, nutrition and health, human energy and, fashionably late to the party, mr. mysticism.

As regards the artwork, the human being is like a typewriter, which the world - or the universe - plays, and the instrument resonates the chord onwards and outwards.

“This is an entire Lexicon of your work, I hear so much.” said Dj Konvndrvm aka John Hammond, the label boss of JellyFish Frequency Recordings upon hearing “Lexicon of Goods” for the first time.
To fit in with the title of the album, the tracks are in alphabetical order.

1. Basketface (05:23)
2. Beep Terrace (02:50)
3. Calming Presence (09:57)
4. CombiA13 (07:11)
5. Ender 2 (02:00)
6. Falling All Over The place (06:04)
7. Flaccidity (04:26)
8. Fraasit (08:47)
9. Purple Rooms (05:38)
10. So There Spherical (04:08)
11. Urban Sprawls (05:19)
12. Windup (04:23)
Old 01-08-2015, 11:07 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

I'd second this review...
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM
esaruoho
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
I'd second this review...

except it's the press-release

there's currently 0 reviews of Lexicon of Goods..

BTW, I posted it on my bandcamp too:

Lexicon of Goods on Lackluster.Bandcamp.Com
Old 01-30-2015, 06:39 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Haha! I thought Steve was writing that! oops! it's still great and I still second the "Review"