Gob is my hero. "Beeees?!"
'no, beads!'
Old 11-12-2005, 06:50 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Arrested Development's Death Rattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Boything
Also, Arrested Development has some of the most entertaining and complex characters in TV history, and if you think otherwise you are DEFINITELY missing something.
quoted for truth
Old 11-12-2005, 10:03 PM
anna
river

I agree that this is the best show on tv and the characters are fantastic.

If you think it's bad up there down here the show is shown even more contempt by channel 7. It keeps getting taken off air and when it is on, it's timeslot is around midnight.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:23 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna
I agree that this is the best show on tv and the characters are fantastic.

If you think it's bad up there down here the show is shown even more contempt by channel 7. It keeps getting taken off air and when it is on, it's timeslot is around midnight.
the bigger kick in the face of Arrested Development is that they are replacing it with reruns of Prison Break. that. show. sucks.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:54 PM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
the bigger kick in the face of Arrested Development is that they are replacing it with reruns of Prison Break. that. show. sucks.
That is one of those programming moves that I can't really understand other than lumping the prison break show into the same audience as that who watch Cops religiously.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:23 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I'm pissed off about this. This is by far the best comedy to come out of the states for years. The characters are so well developed and each have their own idiosyncracies. the storylines are so well connected that almost every throwaway line seems to have deeper meaning later with hilarious consequences.

Of course, it doesnt help when the timeslot they give it (which is decent at the time), gets taken away because of the baseball 3 weeks into the series. rating plummet? you bet. Assholes.

/me does the chicken dance at Fox executives
Old 11-14-2005, 10:25 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

they did this EXACT same thing with Family Guy. constant time-slot swaps, off air for baseball playoffs, and absolutely minimal hyping.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:03 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
they did this EXACT same thing with Family Guy. constant time-slot swaps, off air for baseball playoffs, and absolutely minimal hyping.
The kicker there is that "Family Guy" was picked up by Cartoon Network, became a huge hit in their "adult swim" late-night block, and then Fox renewed it, redfaced with embarrassment.

If AD does survve on another network, i doubt Fox will admit their error twice.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:52 AM
justy
river

There have been a couple of Fox shows that have jumped network. Family Guy's repeats, as holden pointed out, but I think Grounded for Life jumped to WB 3 episodes into its third season to finish out its production run (season 3: 13 episodes, season 4, 28(!) eps, and season 5, 13 episodes. (I thought Bernie Mac had jumped, but it's still airing new episodes on Fridays at 8. Go figure).

Anyway, there's precedent.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
um... yeah as far as I know though in all those cases there's only been a few shows to actually stay in production with another network (JAG's been mentioned). In the case of Family Guy, cartoon network ran re-runs... What also could happen is that another channel will buy the unaired episodes of a cancelled show and air them (think this happened with Wonderfalls) but in all those cases, the actual show was still gone... i think Fox makes too much money on the DVDs not to release a season 3 of AD so i'm pretty confident we will be able to see the 13 episodes... it just sucks that, pretty much, the show is on death row... all depending on how stingy Fox is with their rights (as mentioned in a previous show... if the creators own the characters they could make a new show with them in it but they'd have to pay fox for the AD name blah blah blah).... so I'm not too hopeful... but at least i get to watch episodes of Prison Break again because i LOVE that show (kidding)