Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2009, 12:48 PM
cured
sikk

Re: Underworld @ HardFest Los Angeles Aug 8th
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingklang View Post
Do headliners at these Hard festivals get long to play? I looked at last year's summer show at the Shrine and it didn't look like anyone got full sets (90 minutes being the exception for MSTRKRFT).
I suspect Underworld will get 90 minutes. I'm just pissed I have to deal with a who's who of electro bullshit for however long I'm there before Underworld goes on. At least there's an open bar in the VIP. That's where I'll be getting tanked while Crystal Castles and Crookers and Chromeo and whoever else is on.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:56 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

According to this, the festival is going from 8 PM - 4 AM, so UW probably won't be going on stage until well after midnight.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured View Post
I suspect Underworld will get 90 minutes. I'm just pissed I have to deal with a who's who of electro bullshit for however long I'm there before Underworld goes on. At least there's an open bar in the VIP. That's where I'll be getting tanked while Crystal Castles and Crookers and Chromeo and whoever else is on.
That's an excellent plan. You can hide in the Forum Club and make the most of that VIP pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
According to this, the festival is going from 8 PM - 4 AM, so UW probably won't be going on stage until well after midnight.
From that link, I'm wondering what "Below the arena, a second stage will be erected in THE UNDERGROUND" means. There's actually an area to put another stage underneath the Forum? But it's interesting they're going for an in-the-round setup for the main stage. As for set times, yeah, I was wondering what time Underworld would even go on. The set times from last year's show ( http://www.last.fm/event/578522 ) showed that the headliner, N*E*R*D (the one whose name was the first on the flyer) came on at midnight. MSTRKRFT was second-billed and supposedly came on at 1:10am.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:59 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Oh, sounds like they could be on around midnight then.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:16 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Hopefully they'll post set times by July or so, that way everyone can plan accordingly (and possibly ignore everything else happening at this festival).
Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 PM
kagenaki koe
children are futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingklang View Post
Do headliners at these Hard festivals get long to play? I looked at last year's summer show at the Shrine and it didn't look like anyone got full sets (90 minutes being the exception for MSTRKRFT).
i just looked at UW on facebook and it say's they are on from 10:25 to 11:25

edit: which of the US dates are their very own concerts re: not part of a festival?

Last edited by kagenaki koe; 05-15-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:56 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagenaki koe View Post
i just looked at UW on facebook and it say's they are on from 10:25 to 11:25

edit: which of the US dates are their very own concerts re: not part of a festival?
That could just be a placeholder time so the event can be posted on Facebook. I'd say don't get too worked up until the schedule is posted on the Hard Fest site.

Oakland and Vegas, on the other hand, are their own shows.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:34 PM
cured
sikk

My guess is 12:30am to 2am...then have a couple more DJ slots behind them.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:39 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

I'm making charts and graphs and maps to help me figure out if I can attend all three shows in a row: Vegas, Oakland and Los Angeles.

Luckily I'm L.A. based, so I can just crash at home after Hardfest. But man, that's a lot of $$$ and music.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Cranks
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
raise pants, loads more us dates to come, but have to wait till may to announce, pizza time.
So Yannick, were the 2 additional dates in the US (Vegas & Oakland) the "loads more dates" you were referring to? Still wondering if we're going to get any more shows.