Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Banstylin'
Mmm... I Love It

Send a message via AIM to Banstylin'
Re: New Underworld album - Barking (Sept. 13, Sept 2 Japan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbit View Post
Urgh...looks like ordering the Ltd Ed through underworldlive.com will cost me US$3 more (with shipping) than getting it via Amazon. Anyone know if there's any difference between the packages from the two sources?
I believe that the packaging (box) will be exactly the same but the UnderworldLive.com exclusive includes an art print... so wouldn't that be worth it for $3?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Sappys Curry
mouseman

I added money to my Paypal account. When it is there in the account, I want to pre-order the limited edition boxset.

It comes with the album, a DVD, and a bonus CD with alternate versions of the album tracks. Is that CD basically Barking without the collabs? If so, that'd be great. I've come to accept that Barking will have A.P. on eight out of nine tracks, but I was hesitant about it at first because all I really wanted, initially, was something that is 100% UW. I now am fine with the A.P. on Barking, but a CD that is like an alternate, UW only album would be sweet; a win-win for fans to get something different and a traditional UW album.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstylin' View Post
I believe that the packaging (box) will be exactly the same but the UnderworldLive.com exclusive includes an art print... so wouldn't that be worth it for $3?
Yes, an exclusive, signed, numbered print, to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappys Curry View Post
Is that CD basically Barking without the collabs?
Yes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

so whatever happened to the "five points" track? does anyone have a recording of that???
Old 08-02-2010, 10:04 PM
lowbit
future pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstylin' View Post
Well...to be honest I'm really interested in the music rather than the art (UW are musicians, after all), and am pretty irate that it's going to cost me circa US$70 to get a version of the new album that includes the disc of remixes, so I was debating not purchasing the Ltd Ed at all.

Then I decided to go for it (support the artist and all, I guess) and discovered that the cost of shipping if ordered from underworldlive.com was US$14, which is more than the regular album itself. :P So...back to possibly ordering from Amazon?

I dunno...I don't doubt this is blasphemy among the hard core faithful, but at this point I'm just waiting to hear that for the next tour they'll be yet again playing only New York, LA, and San Francisco when they come to the US, leaving the millions of us not living on the fashionable east or west coast yet again in the lurch, at which point my UW fandom will have been eroded far enough that I won't care and will be glad I didn't spend the $70. :|

Last edited by lowbit; 08-02-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Sappys Curry
mouseman

I hope they play in Boston. They played in Boston in 2007 or 2008. NYC is close to 5 hours away from my town. Boston is an hour from my town.

Lowbit, if you can afford the ltd edition box set, go for it, I say. You are supporting music artists who are true artists and you'll have a great UW collectible. I thought about just getting the album, but I'd like to get that second CD and the price is high but it'll be nice to support them and get the second CD in a guilt free manner (legally).

Last edited by Sappys Curry; 08-03-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:42 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
at this point I'm just waiting to hear that for the next tour they'll be yet again playing only New York, LA, and San Francisco when they come to the US, leaving the millions of us not living on the fashionable east or west coast yet again in the lurch
Well you dont expect them to play Wisconsin do you? I'm sure Madison isnt that far from Chicago which has to be a candidate for a gig. If they don't at least youve got Chad Vader
Old 08-03-2010, 03:04 AM
jose m
pants

Quote:
Well...to be honest I'm really interested in the music rather than the art (UW are musicians, after all), and am pretty irate that it's going to cost me circa US$70 to get a version of the new album that includes the disc of remixes, so I was debating not purchasing the Ltd Ed at all.

Then I decided to go for it (support the artist and all, I guess) and discovered that the cost of shipping if ordered from underworldlive.com was US$14, which is more than the regular album itself. :P So...back to possibly ordering from Amazon?

I dunno...I don't doubt this is blasphemy among the hard core faithful, but at this point I'm just waiting to hear that for the next tour they'll be yet again playing only New York, LA, and San Francisco when they come to the US, leaving the millions of us not living on the fashionable east or west coast yet again in the lurch, at which point my UW fandom will have been eroded far enough that I won't care and will be glad I didn't spend the $70. :|
millions !!!!!!!!!
not being funny like but i think the reason underworld don't tour the states "properly" is that not enough people want to go and see them outside of the coasts.
if they were a touring band trying to "break" america maybe the tours would be bigger but they've done that in the 80's and 90's so expecting a couple of 50 plus guys, who play to huge crowds outside the states, to schlepp it around the mid west playing to a few hundred people is a long shot.
enjoy the next album and if you wanna see them make it a special event 'cause unfortunately you are probably right about the next tour.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:32 AM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Well you dont expect them to play Wisconsin do you? I'm sure Madison isnt that far from Chicago which has to be a candidate for a gig. If they don't at least youve got Chad Vader
The last time they played Chicago was in 2002 although it had seemed like they enjoyed playing there in the late 90s (shows in 1998, 1999, and 2002).

I always cross my fingers and hope to see a Chicago show, but I've ended up buying 2 plane tickets to see them elsewhere in the States. It would be really sweet not to have to get on an airplane to see them this time

And yes, at least we have Chad Vader

uw0006
Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 AM
lowbit
future pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose m View Post
millions !!!!!!!!! not being funny like but i think the reason underworld don't tour the states "properly" is that not enough people want to go and see them outside of the coasts.
Yeah, millions. Believe it or not, the Chicago metro area has more people than London, and the population here in the central U.S. dwarfs that of the entire country of Great Britain. And it's not like there's no market for DJs or electronica -- even here in Madison, recent shows by Girl Talk and Pretty Lights have sold out in record time. House and Techno originated here in the Midwest, not in New York or LA or London.

As to whether enough people want to see them: It's circular -- keep skipping a region when you tour, and fewer and fewer people in that area will want to see you the next time you come around. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited by lowbit; 08-03-2010 at 06:31 AM.