Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 04:28 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
Re: Arrested Development's Death Rattle
yeah... the news pretty much sucks.. but you know, can't force him to keep going if he doesn't want to. it's just a shame because this seemed like the first show to be picked up by a premium solely based on the quality of the show. it would have been awesome to see it succeed on Showtime to give a nice big rasberry to Fox. I mean it MAY still be decent with a different exec. producer... but I'm really not sure what the exact level of involvement Hurwitz is comfortable with.. if he'd still be up for writing episodes or if he just wants to be a consultant... i definitely think he's behind a lot of the genius of the show (not all of it though) so... yeah sucky. but maybe he'll do another show that's just as good? who knows.

stupid fox.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:09 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Yeah, that's a pretty big bummer for any hope of another season. Basically makes me feel like they went out on top, creatively, so why lessen the quality with a different producer and a very drastically changed dynamic (since so much was resolved or varied in the final Fox episode).

That little blurb about "Family Guy" coming back...that's kinds grasping at straws, imho.

i'll be waiting for the 3rd season DVDs...some of their finest episodes were the final four!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:51 AM
stimpee
Administrator

And its back! Anyone caught this yet?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:32 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Im 5 episodes in. The format is different, but good and it Works for netflix. The pacing is really good: episodes dont feel rushed or stretched at all. Season 3 was... a cobjob. Definitely gonna need more watches, but so did the original series. Good stuff.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:32 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
First, thanks to Stimpee for reviving a long lost thread!

Also, thanks the Mitch Hurwitz and Co. for creating such a beguiling, deep, and ultimately satisfying 4th season. The first few episodes felt like character suicide, but once the plots started to overlap and the in-jokes mesh, it seemed less like an attempt at refound glory and more like a masterpiece of plot manipulation. Still no comparison to the 22-minute collaborative episodes, but great storytelling, updating the characters and setting the stage for whatever comes next...