View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Mike
born013

Re: Moment of the tour so far?
I took a few recordings of Steve's set in Bristol... there was definitely a "Misterons" sounding mix of Skyscraper in there, and I suspect something that sounded like it could have been UW, but sadly the crowd talking drowned out the music.

Highlight for me was being right in front of Karl.. I don't want to sound all fanboy but it was great seeing how much energy he puts in to his performance that I have never seen before.

Highlights of the main set are Surfboy and Spoonman, both of which sound so much better than the album. The surprise for me was how good Tongue sounds - despite the crowd talking you can make out lots of extra detail in there along with some live strumming by Karl. Rez sounds so powerful these days, and although I am not a particular fan of the harmonica, the grinding beat of Bigmouth is something else.

I wish they had played Spikee at either of the two shows, that would have really made my night, but another time perhaps.

Whilst some of us ache for the days of live jam and improvising (and a louder PA), i'm sure many of you will agree with me that Underworld have never sounded better live!