View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Global Gathering Review
I got to see UW technically twice, when we were standing to get in, we were waiting behind the beach stage and we could hear UW sound checking, it was some kind of piano melody with some nice beat behind it, i know it was UW as they dropped a tiny sample of something from Exit festival. Also saw Karl, but he was chatting on his phone!

Set as i have it:

New Song - Sounds like something played off dirtyradio taster of new stuff
Dark Train
New Song - Vocodder effect on it
Pearls Girl/ New Song with singing from Rick and Darren/Pearls Girl
King Of Snake
You Do Scribble - [Drum and Bass song]
Two Months Off
Born Slippy.NUXX 96/03/96
Jumbo

Second time i have seen them now and it was miles better then the t in the park appearance, the songs all nicely flowed and mixed in to each other.

I was worried that the sound was gonna be crap as the rest of the stage did have bad problems, but nothing went wrong at all. No visuals, but it was cool seeing Karl with the camera and shots of Rick doing his stuff during Pearls girl.

Glad they came out at 9.30 sharp, Rick was on first and had a massive smile on his face, then came out Karl and Darren to more clapping.

I was really surprised that Dark Train was played and not the usual bog standered tracks that they usually play at major festivals, same goes for the new stuff, it got a really good reaction so they must be doing something right somewhere. Shame of not Rez/Cowgirl but Dark Train made up for it.

I do have a 4 minute video of Dark Train which i'll try and blue tooth on to my PC before i go on holiday, though i dont know how to host it etc. The sound is ok, but dont get your hopes up