Thread: tomato cd roms
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: tomato cd roms
If I remember correctly -

I bought my Tomato2 cd-rom and the Lafloret one directly from their website

(this was back when you could also buy the "Urban Action" t-shirts... so around '99 -> early '01)

I got the Tomato3 cd-rom directly from Tomato as a gift. I was trying to buy the various books through amazon, and "Process" was listed as 'sold out' - I emailed them and was like hey - are there any other ways to buy these books, I'm a poor art kid in high school and I live in the midwestern US - then one of the guys actually mailed me the 'Munich' version of Process and the tomato3 cdrom

[it turned out that Process was, in fact, not sold out (they made a mistake) and became available through amazon shortly thereafter]

I promised that I wouldn't tell anyone how I got the book & cd, but as it's been at least 8 years, I figure it's ok now...

edit
oh and btw - Tomato2 is awesome b/c of the exclusive music on it. Unfortunately, it's not in the highest bitrate (just b/c of the time period that the disc was made) buuut - it's got stuff on it that crept out in various live gigs* and some bits on the "Sunshine" soundtrack date from waaay back then as well

* for example, the thunder crash sound & synth intro to "Confusion the Waitress" as performed @ Pink Pop in 1996

Last edited by joethelion; 02-12-2009 at 09:02 AM.