Universal Music has announced that Isles of Wonder – Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games will be released digitally within hours of the conclusion of the opening ceremonies on Saturday, July 28th. In addition to the digital release, it will also be released as a 2-disc CD album on Aug. 6. You can pre-order both releases now:
The tracklisting is currently intentionally vague, in order to “save the surprise.” However, you can expect there to be a lot of new, original Underworld music on there.
The Isles of Wonder will not only feature newly-composed music by Underworld, but also choirs, orchestras, vocalists and musicians alongside the chimes of a specially-commissioned 23-ton bell. The largest harmonically tuned bell in the world, it will be rung at 9.00pm on 27th July to mark the formal start of the Opening Ceremony.
The new Underworld album, “Barking”, is on sale now in Japan and the United Kingdom, with North America coming online tomorrow, September 14.
Featuring the singles “Scribble” and “Always Loved a Film”, “Barking” is available in a number of different formats, many with exclusive content that cannot be purchased anywhere else — such as the second disc of alternate versions of each album track. Because it can be confusing, the bornDirty staff have maintained a comprehensive guide to the various “Barking” releases, their contents, and where they can be purchased.
Click here to see bornDirty’s guide to buying “Barking”.
To celebrate the fresh new look here at Born Dirty, we’re giving away 5 copies of the new Underworld “Barking” album, courtesy of Om Records.
Each prize package is a copy of Underworld’s Barking Deluxe Edition (CD+DVD) plus an Underworld poster.
Here are the rules:
Contest Closed. Winners announced soon.
The giveaway prizes have been graciously donated by Om Records. You can order all versions of the Barking album and singles in the Om Records Store, as well as Underworld t-shirts and posters (coming soon).
We have no idea why the global release dates have been staggered… but who cares?
01. Bird 1 (Additional production by Dubfire)
02. Always Loved A Film (A/P Mark Knight and D. Ramirez)
03. Scribble (A/P High Contrast)
04. Hamburg Hotel (A/P Appleblim & Al Tourettes)
05. Grace (A/P Dubfire)
06. Between Stars (A/P Mark Knight and D. Ramirez)
07. Diamond Jigsaw (A/P Paul Van Dyke)
08. Moon In Water (A/P High Contrast)
10. You Do Scribble (Abbey Road Version)
01. Bird 1 – directed by Dylan Kendle
02. Always Loved A Film – directed by Graham Wood
03. Scribble – directed by Toby Vogel
04. Hamburg Hotel – Directed by Dylan Kendle & Joost Korngold
05. Grace – directed by Jason Kedgley
06. Between Stars – directed by Michael Horsham
07. Diamond Jigsaw – directed by Simon Taylor & Hudson-Powell
08. Moon In Water – directed by Timothy Bricknell
09. Louisiana – directed by Danielle Short & Toby Vogel